|When () Key Pressed|
when ( v) key pressed::makeymakey hat
The When () Key Pressed block is a Hat Block in the Makey Makey Extension that activates its script when a specific key is pressed on the Makey Makey. Currently, it only supports space, the arrow keys, w, a, s, d, f, and g. However, reporter blocks can be placed inside the drop-down menu (e.g. the join block) to support any other keys, including enter and some symbols.
Differences from Events version
This block is very similar to the When () Key Pressed Events block. However, there are some differences:
- Does not delay repeated inputs by approximately half a second, while the Events version does
- Processes about 50% slower than the Events version
- Only supports the space bar, arrow keys, w, a, s, d, f, and g in the dropdown menu
- Does not fire up and down arrows when the mouse wheel is scrolled
- Allows a reporter block to be placed in its drop-down, while the Events version does not
Makey Makey Extension
The Wiki is working on a dark theme, and you're seeing it! Got feedback? Post on the Wiki Forum Topic.