|When () Key Pressed|
when ( v) key pressed::makeymakey hat
The When () Key Pressed block is a Hat Block in the Makey Makey Extension that activates its script when a specific key is pressed on the Makey Makey. Currently, it only supports space, the arrow keys, w, a, s, d, f, and g. However, reporter blocks can be placed inside the drop-down menu (e.g. the join block) to support any other keys, including enter and some symbols.
Differences from Events version
- The Makey Makey version does not delay repeated inputs by approximately half a second, as the Events version does
- The Makey Makey version processes about 50% slower than the Events version
- The Makey Makey version only supports the space bar, arrow keys, w, a, s, d, f, and g.
- The Makey Makey version does not fire up and down arrows when the mouse wheel is scrolled.
- The Makey Makey version allows a reporter block to be placed in its drop-down, while the Events version does not.