Welcome to the Scratch Wiki!
We're glad to have you here! The Scratch Wiki is a large wiki which anyone including you can contribute to and edit. With 2,085 articles, 2,379 users, 112 active users, 286,026 edits and 3,558 files, the Scratch Wiki has been thriving since December 6, 2008.
Here's your first stop: the "Welcome" tutorial.
For a quick summary of the tutorial, see:
Have any questions? Ask on the:
We hope you'll make great edits!
jvvg (talk | contribs) 21:51, 28 February 2021 (UTC)
Welcome to the Scratch Wiki!
Welcome to the Scratch Wiki, Wangat!
Congrats on getting your account accepted! I'm leahcimto. If you have any questions or want to just chat, feel free to leave a message on my talk page! The Scratch Wiki is a thriving community with 2,085 articles, and 2,379 awesome users who have helped make the wiki great. Here's a list of tips to help you edit the wiki:
Awesome tips to help you edit!
Cool tips on how to edit
- To edit, click the pencil icon at the top of the page next to your username. Then, click edit. If you don't see the button it may be because the page is protected for certain users.
- After you are in the editor, check out the cheatsheet for editing tips.
- You can also check out the help pages for more detailed information on editing.
- You can test editing features out in the community sandbox (it will get cleared every few hours), or you can make your own sandbox here.
- Before making a page, make sure it does not already exist. You can do this by using the search bar located at the top of the page.
- If the page you wanted to make is already created, you can create a redirect page! For more info on redirect pages, see this.
- To make a page, go here, or type the page name you want in the search bar and then press the link that says "create this page by editing this!"
- For information on magic words, check out the MediaWiki Documentatation.
Cool tips for finding pages to edit
- Use random page
- Check out articles to expand
- Check out article stubs
- Look at edits on recent changes and see what you can do to improve it even more.
Cool tips for posting on talk pages
- To post on someone's talk page, simply press the pencil icon and then press "New Topic". Type in the subject and message.
- Then, make sure you sign your post with 4 tidles (
- When replying to a talk page post, edit the section that has the message and then indent your post with a colon (
:). If someone already replied, use one more colon then they used. (See example conversation below)
leahcimto talk • contribs • profile 22:01, 2 March 2021 (UTC)
Please don't make several edits in a short amount of time
Hello, I'm WikiMonitor, a bot that patrols the Recent Changes. This is just a friendly reminder that you should try to avoid making a lot of edits to one page in a short amount of time. Specifically, you made a lot of edits (6 in the last hour) to Scratch Week
recently. Please use the "Show preview" button before submitting edits to prevent this in the future. Thanks!
This message was sent by an automated bot run by jvvg
. You can contact him on his talk page
with any concerns.
WikiMonitor (talk | contribs) 21:45, 21 May 2021 (UTC)
Ok, :PP I fixed one grammar error before realizing the whole section had grammar errors lol
wangat (talk | contribs) 17:58, 22 May 2021 (UTC)