Welcome to the Scratch Wiki! We hope you will contribute much and well. You probably want to read the help pages before doing anything. If you have any questions, you can ask anyone on the Scratch Wiki. We will appreciate it if you make a lot of edits to the wiki, but make sure the edits are good quality edits. Again, welcome and have fun! :)
ErnieParke (talk | contribs) 10:54, 6 October 2015 (UTC)
Reply to Talk Page Question
Hi Medley7! You asked how you can access your talk page. Do you see how in the top right of the page it says "Medley7" ? Click that button. A list of options should appear, and one of them is "Talk" Click on "Talk", and you'll be on your talk page! :)
To actually leave a message or reply, do you see the pencil button in the top right of the page? Clicking will give you a drop down menu with the option "Edit" Click it. You'll be able to edit the page. Add your message, add ~~~~ to the end of your message, add a summary, click "Save page", and you're done!
If it helps, here's is a quick tutorial that I had made awhile ago: link
ErnieParke (talk | contribs) 17:47, 6 October 2015 (UTC) test:
Medley7 (talk | contribs) 19:21, 6 October 2015 (UTC) Thanks! It kind of worked. it might work better later :3
Medley7 (talk | contribs) 19:22, 6 October 2015 (UTC)
- It looks like it worked perfectly. ;)
- By the way, jvvg would never ban you for an unsigned post. You would have to do something much more drastic to get banned.
- To sign your post, just put ~~~~ after it, which you seem to know how to do now.
ErnieParke (talk | contribs) 22:00, 7 October 2015 (UTC)
- I heard you had more questions! That's good to know.
- You sign posts so that everyone knows who commented. For example, above, you see that I welcomed you to the Scratch Wiki, not jvvg or MartinWollenweber.
- Deleting comments is as easy as editing a page, selecting the words of your comment, hitting the delete key, then saving. Viola! However, try not to delete other's comments. They might not appreciate it.
- As for images, you have to upload an image to use it in the Scratch Wiki. On the left side of the page, you should see "Upload file". Uploading your image, and make sure it has a category! Categories are like bins of organization. All block images go in this category, all Scratch Cat images go in that category, ect... To put your image in a category, just add: [[Category:CATEGORY NAME]] For example: [[Category:Users' Images]]
- Also, you mentioned something about a signature?
ErnieParke (talk | contribs) 21:17, 10 October 2015 (UTC)
Please remember to sign your posts
WikiMonitor (talk | contribs) 19:42, 6 October 2015 (UTC)
A Late Welcome
Welcome to the wiki!
I'm purplebook163. I've been on the wiki for about 4 months, and I think I've gotten the hang of things by now. I thought I'd take a minute to show you some cool stuff that isn't in the tutorials and welcome guides.
If you want to leave a smiley face, you can! On the wiki we have all of the emojis Scratch does, including Error. Smiley not recognized., , , and ! For a list of all of the emojis and how to make them, see this.
I see your userpage is a little bit blank... One thing you can do to customize it is add a header and/or index of subpages. Here's my header, which is based off of jvvg's header, and here's my index of subpages:
User:Purplebook163 • User talk:Purplebook163
User:Pb163/Header • User:Pb163/Talk Page Header
To view my list of subpages, you can click "show" on the top right hand corner.
You can also make a background, change the color of the text, add pictures, or really anything else you can think of as long as it follows the Community Guidelines.
If you'd like help making a header, index template, or anything else, let me know and I'll do my best to help!
Also, I thought I'd leave you this, just so you have some helpful links.
Please categorize new pages
WikiMonitor (talk | contribs) 17:24, 27 May 2017 (UTC)
This image here that you uploaded, in the future give images a name that is comprehensible versus the default type. Do you have a different name you'd rather it be so I can change it? Also, unless the images are used in actual articles or userpages somewhere, they will eventually be deleted, just as a heads up.
02:47, 29 May 2017 (UTC)