|| This page is archive 7 of User talk:Kenny2scratch. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.
Is it a lyric from Under Pressure by Queen? :P
Drunken_Sailor (talk | contribs) 21:45, 23 March 2018 (UTC)
- No, it’s from Bill Wurtz’s video with that title
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 03:59, 24 March 2018 (UTC)
- Ah, but it's also a perfect lyric from Queen XD
Drunken_Sailor (talk | contribs) 11:46, 24 March 2018 (UTC)
- KrIsMa user | talk | contribs | edits 13:32, 24 March 2018 (UTC)
I’m sorry for not putting my username in the page that I am trying to revamp. Thank you for putting it there :D! Edit: also, I fixed up the shop federations redirects, you pointed them to ‘shop’ which then pointed to ‘Shop (disambiguation)’.
Hellounicorns2 (talk | contribs) 07:42, 26 March 2018 (UTC)
- Oh wait, "shop" points to a disambiguation page? Thanks for fixing that!
- It's okay - the fact you didn't put your username in just means you didn't read the documentation fully ;) - make sure to read up on what you're using before you use it :)
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 08:30, 26 March 2018 (UTC)
Why was there only 2 messages in your archive 7?
Hellounicorns2 (talk | contribs) 04:08, 31 March 2018 (UTC)
- I don't archive like other people do. Whenever I feel like my talk page is getting too cluttered, I move chunks of topics into the latest archive. When the latest archive reaches 20 topics, I protect it and make a new one. So if I felt like my talk is too cluttered now, I'd move a bunch of topics into archive 7 until it hits 20 topics, at which point I protect it, then create archive 8 and move the rest in there.
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 04:49, 31 March 2018 (UTC)
- Oh, ok , thanks for clearing that up.
Hellounicorns2 (talk | contribs) 05:30, 31 March 2018 (UTC)
Did you get the permission from Ernie?
I saw you've edited IWB's userpage. I think you must follow the userpage guideline, even if you're a bureaucrat.
Apple502j Talk/Activities 2,150edit 14:06, 31 March 2018 (UTC)
- I fired off a message to him, but he was asleep so I went ahead. If he objects once awake I'll immediately revert it.
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 14:17, 31 March 2018 (UTC)
How do you make your signature get different colors and links?
NYCDOT (talk | contribs) 00:43, 4 April 2018 (UTC)
- Also, how do you do those welcoming things to new user's talk pages?
NYCDOT (talk | contribs) 13:38, 4 April 2018 (UTC)
- My signature's code is here, but in my preferences I have my signature set to this. My welcome template is here and the userscript I use to insert it automatically is here.
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 13:46, 4 April 2018 (UTC)
NYCDOT (talk | contribs) 11:19, 6 April 2018 (UTC)
I saw in the Community Portal that you wanted to get rid of EW's. Did you do that yet?
NYCDOT (talk | contribs) 11:17, 9 April 2018 (UTC)
- Not yet, since it's one of the most major changes in the history of the wiki I wanted to gather some more support.
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 02:58, 10 April 2018 (UTC)
NYCDOT (talk | contribs) 11:44, 11 April 2018 (UTC)
Hello. Thank you for fixing all the links where i forgot to put a space instead of a underscore. Thanks again. I really appreciate it.
asqwde talk | contribs 08:26, 11 April 2018 (UTC)
- No problem! I'm the only one who's actually that obsessive about S:STYLE though :P
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 08:28, 11 April 2018 (UTC)
asqwde talk | contribs 08:30, 11 April 2018 (UTC)
Could you do something
could you please remove the editlock on my userpage?
78ch3 (talk | contribs) 21:32, 18 April 2018 (UTC)
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 00:32, 19 April 2018 (UTC)
Fixing a double redirect.
I'm trying to fix the double redirect to Pen_Transparency_(value). I was not able to edit the page, because it was a userspace, that it looked nothing like.
Mrbumppo (talk | contribs) 22:20, 20 April 2018 (UTC) mrbumppo
- Unfortunately, all of the double redirects that we currently have are all in userspace, so there's nothing we can do about them (in fact, they're all in Ziggy's userspace, idk why they do that).
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 06:16, 21 April 2018 (UTC)
I took one look at your sidebar, and I was amazed. Now I want a sidebar too.
Could you help me on making one?
Mrbumppo (talk | contribs) 22:54, 20 April 2018 (UTC) mrbumppo
- Well, you could take a look at the code for it, I guess - it's rather difficult for me to explain, but I'll try:
- The entire sidebar is kept in one place no matter where you scroll by the CSS style "
position: fixed". It is then positioned at the bottom left of the screen using "
left: 0; bottom: 0". Then there's some more stuff for the links inside, then the part that makes it collapsible (which I explained in one of my talk page archives, so I won't re-explain it here).
- Hope I helped (or at least didn't confuse you further :P)
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 06:14, 21 April 2018 (UTC)
I have been trying to create a sidebar, but color isn't working. The CSS is also very long, so can you help me use a seperate CSS file?
Mrbumppo (talk | contribs) 13:06, 22 April 2018 (UTC) mrbumppo
- External CSS would be a security leak if it was enabled, so absolutely not. As for color, what do you mean - text color or background color or what?
- By the way, just sign your posts with
~~~~ mrbumppo :)
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 13:54, 22 April 2018 (UTC)
Question about editing
Is there a way to use enter and have it affect the text on the actual page? (like with bulleted lists, but without the bulleted part) This is probably the wrong way to say it :P
Scooperax (talk | contribs) 02:07, 25 April 2018 (UTC)
- You mean a line break? There's two ways.
- One way is to use two newlines. I.e. this:
- Makes this:
- Or, if you don't want a full paragraph break, you can use the smaller
<br/> element. So this:
line one<br/>line two
- Makes this:
- That should cover your newline needs. Hope I helped!
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 03:44, 25 April 2018 (UTC)
I've started welcoming users! I made my own page in my userspace for a template.
Here is the template:
Hi wikian! I'm Mrbumppo. If you want to chat or just talk, you can visit my talk page!
I also find that the Community Portal is helpful when you have questions.
We hope you will make great edits, and have a fun time!
<offtopic>Do you have any ideas for articles?</offtopic>
Mrbumppo (talk | contribs) 23:34, 28 April 2018 (UTC)
- Your template is looking good! I'd suggest you not use a red(dish) border though, since red is a rather foreboding color.
- <offtopic>no, but if you're looking for stuff to do you can improve code style on articles</offtopic>
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 00:51, 29 April 2018 (UTC)
Block plugin (E shouldn't be bolded)
On the block plugin page, you undid an un-bolding of the e in 'grey'. 'Gray' and 'grey' are the same word, just different spellings, and the bolding to point that out isn't necessary. If it is needed to point out the spelling, then it would be better to put in parentheses 'Spelled with an E, not an A'.
Realicraft (talk | contribs) 17:24, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
- It is needed to point out the spelling, because the block plugin does not accept "gray" as a color. But I think pointing it out in parentheses would make it too clunky - so bolding the E quickly and easily points out the correct spelling.
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 03:10, 1 May 2018 (UTC)
My new welcoming template
Hello there! I just wanted to ask what you think about my new welcome template:
Welcome to the Scratch Wiki, Kenny2scratch!
We can't wait to see what edits you will make! I'm sure you will be a great contribution to this community.
Any questions? Talk to me on my talk page
or on the Community Portal
See you soon and... wiki on
What should I change/keep? Any feedback is really appreciated!
Botcho (Botcho_Otkho) - Talk - Contribs - Profile 17:40, 5 May 2018 (UTC)
- Hm, I think maybe make the border a little thicker... maybe also change the bottom image, since that makes it seem too much like the original welcome template.
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 02:53, 6 May 2018 (UTC)
- What about now?
Botcho (Botcho_Otkho) - Talk - Contribs - Profile 07:38, 6 May 2018 (UTC)
- Looks good!
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 14:23, 6 May 2018 (UTC)
Botcho (Botcho_Otkho) - Talk - Contribs - Profile 16:54, 6 May 2018 (UTC)
You have angered WikiMonitor so many times.
78ch3 (talk | contribs) 07:32, 7 May 2018 (UTC)
нεllσυηιcσяηs2 (тαlк║cσηтяιвs║ρяσғιlε) 07:41, 7 May 2018 (UTC)
- lel when you've been on the Wiki for a year your infractions pile up - also I think I made that really early (like, I'm pretty sure it was before my first archive, hence it's the 0th archive) so it hasn't missed any WM messages.
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 08:02, 9 May 2018 (UTC)
Whatever happened to Veggieman001? According to BWOG, he ranks 4 in top edits bus seems to have created ann alt account and deleted his talk ans user pages.
NYCDOT (talk | contribs) 20:06, 11 May 2018 (UTC)
- They (veggie is nonbinary) never created an alt account, but they did delete their user and talk pages. In fact, when I recreated their talk page to ask them why, they just deleted it again and protected it from creation (they are an admin, after all).
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 02:48, 12 May 2018 (UTC)
- Oh, that's weird...
NYCDOT (talk | contribs) 14:02, 12 May 2018 (UTC)
- Maybe he just wanted to "break away" from the wiki
NYCDOT [ Talk Page | Contributions | Directory ]
- I asked them earlier, and they simply said "I don't wiki anymore"
KJRYoshi07 (talk | contribs) 02:04, 13 May 2018 (UTC)
Just a note
Your Discord bot has been muted.
Apple502j Talk/Activities 2,150edit 09:03, 21 May 2018 (UTC)
- Thanks, but a single Discord mention will do the trick.
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 11:36, 21 May 2018 (UTC)
Making a Wiki
You are Making a school wiki? How are you doing that?
Jakel181 (talk | contribs) 02:09, 1 June 2018 (UTC)
- I've mostly taken leave from that... it was an ambitious project that I started a year ago.
- If you want to know how I was making it, you can start off here: mw:
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 04:39, 1 June 2018 (UTC)
You get a text on your New SAMSUNG phone saying "On NYCDOT's talk page you are to be expected to answer something soon. Thank you".
NYCDOT (talk | contribs) 00:55, 2 June 2018 (UTC)
- You are a SAMSUNG phone owner, right? (My School reccomends having a phone in case of an emergency).
NYCDOT (talk | contribs) 00:57, 2 June 2018 (UTC)
- You've gotta be kidding me. 30 seconds ago I was editing the ST page, I accidently hit back and then I can't edit. You just have to be kidding me. Why oh why did you protect it?
NYCDOT (talk | contribs) 01:41, 3 June 2018 (UTC)
- The page was supposed to be protected in the first place! It's the featured article. Turkey3 just accidentally protected it for a day rather than a month. You can tell me what changes you were going to make, though.
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 01:54, 3 June 2018 (UTC)
- Yes, for Mitchel Resnick, instead of mres, it would've been mres-admin (that's his ST Account.) Instead of Shruti Dhariwal, Shruti Mohnot. Ellen Daoust is a dead link. Delete Linada Garmon.
NYCDOT (talk | contribs) 02:28, 3 June 2018 (UTC)
- Dr. Resnick's main account is mres. That's the account that he actually uses. mres-admin is only his admin account. I'll update Shruti. Ellen's profile wasn't originally a dead link! Why did it disappear? I'll remove Linda as well.
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 05:56, 3 June 2018 (UTC)
NYCDOT (talk | contribs) 13:39, 3 June 2018 (UTC)