Ooh! A new message from Ahmetlii!
Welcome to my talk page!
Feel free to leave a message here about anything — it could be an edit (or mistake) I made, something you want to bring to my attention, a question, or a greeting.
As a little note
Before posting, there are several things I need you to know
- If I left a message on your talk page, feel free to respond there or here, but stay consistent — don't respond here then continue the discussion there.
- Unless you ask me to do otherwise, if you talk to me here I will reply to you here.
- All guidelines (Community and Scratch Wiki) still apply here — please follow them.
- If you leave me a disrespectful message, do not expect a response and expect to see your message deleted.
- If I made a mistake, of any kind whatsoever (assume good faith), please post your view calmly and collectedly.
- Think about your post before posting.
- I welcome all questions — Wiki-/Scratch-related questions and personal/offtopic questions are equally welcome here.
- When referring to me, please make sure the name you use matches this regex: https://regex101.com/r/QSyeGl/3 - examples of OK and NOT OK names are shown in the "insert test string" box. If you're unsure, just use one of the "OK" examples.
- For reference, revision 263701 was done by Ahmetlii on 04/10/2020
About gender words in niselak
I thought that "im" and "if" isn't necessary; for example, the speaker can use "in", then they can specify with words if they want.
ahmetlii Talk Contributions Directory 10:56, 19 August 2020 (UTC)
- There isn't any vocabulary to describe gender - if you want to use "male" as an adjective you just use the root adjective word with the male suffix, "dakim".
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 12:25, 19 August 2020 (UTC)
Since you're an administrator, can you feature images & articles?
LankyBox01 (talk | contribs) 19:04, 22 August 2020 (UTC)
- The featured images are semi-infrequently decided by Community Portal nomination and informal voting, so no single person is responsible for featuring them. Bigpuppy seems to take charge of that process most of the time, but he isn't the one who actually does the featuring.
- Featured articles are part of the larger Wiki Wednesday programme, and suggestions for WW articles are made on a forum topic in Show&Tell since it's the readers and not the writers who have the most say in what article was most helpful. I personally am responsible for going through those suggestions and choosing one to feature for the English wiki's contribution to Wiki Wednesday, which does include making it the featured article on this wiki as well.
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 21:10, 22 August 2020 (UTC)
What's the code for the "Talk to me" button on your Profile Page?
Jettypumpkin07 (talk | contribs) 10:44, 23 August 2020 (UTC)
- I guess you can find in here.(use edit button, but don't save the changes)
ahmetlii Talk Contributions Directory 10:47, 23 August 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks! Got it working on my own page.
Jettypumpkin07 (talk | contribs) 06:04, 24 August 2020 (UTC)
- Are there any other templates that might be useful on my user or talk page?
Jettypumpkin07 (talk | contribs) 01:51, 3 September 2020 (UTC)
- Each user's page is meant to be unique - it represents them. Most of the templates you use on your userpage will (and should) most likely be subpages of your userpage. For example, I use a User:Kenny2scratch/Header transclusion on every one of my userpages. I don't have recommendations for "templates that might be useful on [your] user or talk page".
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 09:27, 5 September 2020 (UTC)
How can a Wikian become an Admin?
LankyBox01 (talk | contribs) 18:14, 23 August 2020 (UTC)
- You must be an Scratch Team member or you must be an Experienced Wikian and must be appointed by the admins.
ahmetlii Talk Contributions Directory 18:16, 23 August 2020 (UTC)
- Let's read that again. How can a Wikian become an Admin?
LankyBox01 (talk | contribs) 18:18, 23 August 2020 (UTC)
- S:ELECTIONS and be appointed by an admin or be a Scratch Team member. There's not another choice - we're not Wikipedia nor Discord.
ahmetlii Talk Contributions Directory 18:22, 23 August 2020 (UTC)
- To provide a more authoritative answer, Wikians do not become admins directly. They can be elected to Experienced Wikian, and after a long time and a lot of trust an EW occasionally gets appointed admin by the rest of the staff.
- Scratch Team members are promoted to bureaucrat as a matter of course.
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 20:35, 23 August 2020 (UTC)
Something on your main page
There is an inappropriate word on your main page, I’d recommend you remove it to avoid an alert.
78ch3 (talk | contribs) 23:11, 23 August 2020 (UTC)
- Could you point out specifically where it is? We have an abuse filter to prevent anyone (including admins) from using words that are censored on the Scratch Forums. Make sure you haven't misread anything - "þorn", for example, is the name of a letter.
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 23:35, 23 August 2020 (UTC)
- That word is exactly what someone could take the wrong way. As I said, it was a recommendation, you don’t have to remove it, but, even though it is the name of a letter (I already know this), someone could confuse it with another word.
78ch3 (talk | contribs) 23:38, 23 August 2020 (UTC)
- Anyone who hasn't been exposed to the word you're thinking of before has an equal chance of misreading it as "born". Let that be your interpretation of it too.
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 23:42, 23 August 2020 (UTC)
- I’m just saying, it can be taken the wrong way.
78ch3 (talk | contribs) 23:59, 23 August 2020 (UTC)
- Oh no, thorn!
I can feel it coming back... /s
1a3c5e7g9i(Talk|Contributions) 00:14, 26 August 2020 (UTC)
wiki milkshake better
garnetluvcookie talk contribs directory 16:27, 24 August 2020 (UTC)
- I can say with relative certainty that this is the weirdest talk page message I've ever received. Congratulations.
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 01:01, 25 August 2020 (UTC)
- What the heck.
LankyBox01 (talk | contribs) 13:04, 28 August 2020 (UTC)
- waffles bad very bad
Jettypumpkin07 (talk | contribs) 01:52, 3 September 2020 (UTC)
- You have disrespected me, my teachings, and my entire culture.
VFDan Talk Contribs On Scratch 18:57, 5 September 2020 (UTC)
- bunny pancake kitty milkshake [clicky click]
Jettypumpkin07 Talk Page | Contribs | Scratch Account 03:39, 15 September 2020 (UTC)
ahmetlii Talk Contributions Directory 05:59, 15 September 2020 (UTC)
- *waffle intensifies*
garnetluvcookie talk contribs directory 12:07, 15 September 2020 (UTC)
About the Forum CP
Why was it suddenly closed? Some active forum users without accounts asked this so I'm asking on behalf of them.
garnetluvcookie talk contribs directory 12:17, 28 August 2020 (UTC)
- I have no idea, but I was shocked at its closure as well. I reported it to be reopened and it is now open again, so problem solved, I guess?
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 14:49, 28 August 2020 (UTC)
Updating your status
You do not have to do this, but I think your status could be updated mentioning that you might be less inactive on this Wiki and might only go on the wiki on weekends.
Jammum (💬 Talk - ✍️ Contributions - 🐱 Scratch) 11:15, 5 September 2020 (UTC)
- I've put it in my Full Status thing, but also updated my status. Thanks.
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 12:10, 6 September 2020 (UTC)
How to code and publish a bot?
Hey Kenny2scratch. I was wanting to know.. how do you make a bot that does edits on the wiki?
HacksonJackson (talk | contribs) 16:29, 5 September 2020 (UTC)
ahmetlii Talk Contributions Directory 16:35, 5 September 2020 (UTC)
- Before you even consider making it you have to pitch the idea on S:BOTREQS and get it approved to test.
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 12:08, 6 September 2020 (UTC)
wow.. just wow
I scored about 1200 on the Wikipediholic test and I've haven't even been here for 6 months
garnetluvcookie talk contribs directory 00:40, 15 September 2020 (UTC)
help with formatting and editing
Hi, my name is arjunking788 i'am new here please help me to sort things out. I need your help.
i need to how to make a signature of my own and please help me in formatting.
Arjunking788 (talk | contribs) 09:52, 18 September 2020 (UTC)
- See Help:Formatting. For the signatures, this link has a funny tutorial for it.
ahmetlii Talk Contributions Directory 11:11, 18 September 2020 (UTC)
i dont know how to make user page with header please help but i know to put comments and guidlines to pls help me talk here
Arjunking788 (talk | contribs) 11:45, 26 September 2020 (UTC)
- I've solved this on their talk, so No action needed
garnetluvcookie talk contribs directory 04:16, 3 October 2020 (UTC)
i just realised how crazy timezones are
it's mid-afternoon over near you, while over here on the east coast I'm pulling an all-nighter 0_0
garnetluvcookie talk contribs directory 07:33, 3 October 2020 (UTC)
- Fit the whole world to a line, so you don't need to know what time in where and you can see 2D world in real life.
ahmetlii Talk Contributions Directory 07:36, 3 October 2020 (UTC)
- It is in fact mid-afternoon here. Go to bed!
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 07:38, 3 October 2020 (UTC)
- I am surprised how late everyone else stays online! (and then wake up at some crazy hour like 4am)
ContourLines Talk | Contributions | Directory 08:15, 3 October 2020 (UTC)
- You should have seen me during the summertime - I went to bed at 6am and woke up at 4pm, on most days...
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 08:31, 3 October 2020 (UTC)
- Are those times in your timezone or UTC?
Jammum (💬 Talk - ✍️ Contributions - 🐱 Scratch) 08:32, 3 October 2020 (UTC)
- @Ken, I don't think I'm falling back asleep because it's almost 5 AM here and I usually wake up at 6... :P
garnetluvcookie talk contribs directory 08:53, 3 October 2020 (UTC)
- My own timezone.
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 10:55, 3 October 2020 (UTC)
- Wow Ken... you muted me on discord for staying awake until 4 AM lol
12944qwerty Talk Contribs Scratch 22:30, 3 October 2020 (UTC)
You had a test the next morning! You had no excuse to be up then. Also, keep in mind that 6am-4pm is still 10 hours of sleep, just in the wrong timezone. :)
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 16:25, 4 October 2020 (UTC)
- I did? I can't remember anymore... Besides I had gotten 8-9 hours of sleep.
12944qwerty Talk Contribs Scratch 18:07, 4 October 2020 (UTC)
- bad allnighters bad
ahmetlii Talk Contributions Directory 18:09, 4 October 2020 (UTC)