Welcome to my talk page!
Feel free to leave a message here about anything — it could be an edit (or mistake) I made, something you want to bring to my attention, a question, or a greeting.
As a little note
Before posting, there are several things I need you to know
- If I left a message on your talk page, feel free to respond there or here, but stay consistent — don't respond here then continue the discussion there.
- Unless you ask me to do otherwise, if you talk to me here I will reply to you here.
- All guidelines (Community and Scratch Wiki) still apply here — please follow them.
- If you leave me a disrespectful message, do not expect a response and expect to see your message deleted.
- If I made a mistake, of any kind whatsoever (assume good faith), please post your view calmly and collectedly.
- Think about your post before posting.
- I welcome all questions — Wiki-/Scratch-related questions and personal/offtopic questions are equally welcome here.
- When referring to me, please make sure the name you use matches this regex: https://regex101.com/r/QSyeGl/3 - examples of OK and NOT OK names are shown in the "insert test string" box. If you're unsure, just use one of the "OK" examples.
- For reference, revision 271122 was done by Kenny2scratch on 16/01/2021
Hello! I don't know if you heard about this yet, but geometric_ghast (aka Ihatr on Scratch) and I (4096bits) would like to collaborate with you to make a YouTube video about the Scratch Wiki and other's experiences. If you would like to participate, please reply to this message. Thank you!
this is kind of weird talking to a bureaucrat
4096bits | Talk | 722 Contribs 21:08, 3 January 2021 (UTC)
- Yo, bureaucrats are humans too! I'd love to - are you thinking of a documentary-type thing with interviews and stuff? or something else? Would definitely like to know what the big idea is :)
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 09:29, 4 January 2021 (UTC)
- Yep, what you said! It will also include what the Scratch Wiki is.
4096bits | Talk | 722 Contribs 12:58, 4 January 2021 (UTC)
- Cool, how do I participate? Via voice call, for an audio interview? (Ihatr is able to do that now ) Or just a textual Q&A? Or something else? :)
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 10:28, 5 January 2021 (UTC)
- Voice call seems like the way to go! Ihatr's doing the editing. Once we get the questions ready, I'll let you know so we can start.
4096bits | Talk | 722 Contribs 12:55, 5 January 2021 (UTC)
- So, Ihatr doesn't feel comfortable sharing their voice, so we won't be able to do it that way. Are you able to record your voice answering each question in a Scratch project and sharing it? Thanks!
4096bits | Talk | 722 Contribs 00:42, 6 January 2021 (UTC)
You could maybe use scratch shops which do voice acting. My voice is kinda squeaky, so I won't use my voice :)
btw, video calls are not allowed on Scratch.
Lovecodeabc Links: talk | profile | contributions | directory 01:11, 6 January 2021 (UTC)
- lovecodeabc: Ihatr and Ken have [unmoderated chat site] that was not shared through Scratch, which allows voice calling If Ken doesn't want to do this, we have a backup plan, don't worry
4096bits | Talk | 722 Contribs 01:16, 6 January 2021 (UTC)
- You realize it's possible to ask questions in text and answer them in voice? Ihatr doesn't have to share their voice, they can just stay muted while I answer audially.
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 11:22, 7 January 2021 (UTC)
- Oops, didn't realize that. We can do it that way :)
4096bits | Talk | 722 Contribs 12:41, 8 January 2021 (UTC)
- Let me know whatever arrangements you come up with - but for your reference, my timezone is HKT and I have exams on the 9th, 11th, 14th, 18th, and 19th which means I'm not available during the mornings of those days or the evenings of the days before them. :)
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 13:56, 8 January 2021 (UTC)
- Hi, sorry for the late reply. Are you available on Saturday at 10 PM HKT?
4096bits | Talk | 722 Contribs 17:57, 10 January 2021 (UTC)
- Here are the questions:
- In your own words, can you describe what the Scratch Wiki means for you?
- Do you enjoy editing on the Scratch Wiki? Why?
- What do you look for when editing a Scratch Wiki article?
- Last question here, describe in detail what you would usually do when you go to the Scratch Wiki.
4096bits | Talk | 722 Contribs 18:05, 10 January 2021 (UTC)
Saturday the 16th is fine with me, assuming that's what you meant. I gather I'm to answer these questions audially then, and prepare my answers in the meantime?
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 04:56, 12 January 2021 (UTC)
- Sure, you can do that if you want :)
4096bits | Talk | 722 Contribs 12:57, 12 January 2021 (UTC)
- Oop, change of plans ken. There's some things going on at my house right now, meaning that I probably won't be able to do the voice call. Could you potentially prerecord the audio and upload it somewhere? Sorry again.
Geometric_ghast • Talk Page • 189 Contributions 02:05, 16 January 2021 (UTC)
- Rip, no worries. I'd prefer a sort of live interview format just because it lets you ask follow-up questions and I like talking about myself... so if you have a different date/time you're available, and if you don't mind, I'd rather move to that. If you forsee yourself having other commitments for a longer while then I don't mind recording the answers, though. Let me know in either case.
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 13:55, 16 January 2021 (UTC)
Ugh, second message!
Lovecodeabc Links: talk | profile | contributions | directory 13:07, 4 January 2021 (UTC)
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 10:29, 5 January 2021 (UTC)