When you're new on the Scratch Website, you feel shy about the community and don't know the concepts of Scratch. Scratch is the world with cool things waiting for you. The feeling doesn't last long, it should be gone by the end of this essay. Let's pamper you up.
Creating your first project
- Main article: Getting Started with Scratch
When you get on Scratch, your instinct is to create a project! Since you're new, you should create your first project. Click "Create" in the Navigation Bar and you'll be in the Scratch editor. Start experimenting and then challenge yourself to create stories or games.
- Use the User Guide in the Editor
- Read the Getting Started guide
- Try out with Scratch Cards
- Watch Video Tutorials
- Search the Scratch Wiki
- Explore projects for inspiration
Getting used to the website
- Main article: Scratch Website
After you shared your first project, you can now check out the cool elements of the site. We provide you the links for exploring the site:
- Check out the Front Page for inspirational projects
- Walk through a studio
- Meet somebody on his profile
- Play a project
- Chat on the forums
There's more to explore, keep clicking!
Meet up more friends at the Welcoming Committee.
Since you finished your first project and explored the whole site, what can you do?
There are endless possibilities. Here are a few:
- Create another project
- Ask for help on the forums
- Follow some scratchers
- View endless projects
We hope you had a good time!