< User:Kenny2scratch | Project Guides
Worried for Hong Kong's future.
Also, it's September now - school is starting/has started so I'll be even less active now :(Read more...
|| This page has links to websites or programs not trusted by Scratch or hosted by Wikipedia. Remember to stay safe while using the Internet, as we can't guarantee the safety of other websites.
So. You've come here seeking how to use my Video Player project.
Usage guide here:
- Remix it.
- In your remixed project, press the little folder icon in the sprites pane. This will ask you for a file to make a sprite from. Choose a .gif file that you want to use. If you have a video instead of a animated gif, go to this video-to-gif converter to make it into one. Each frame of your gif will be converted into one costume of your sprite.
- IMPORTANT: Go to the Costumes tab of your new sprite and look at the very last costume number. Record this number down.
- Copy all the scripts in the original test video sprite over to your new sprite.
- EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: Replace every instance of the number 138 in the entire project (highlighted by comments) with the number you recorded. Otherwise, several scripts will fail.
- Change the video title at the top of the HUD sprite to whatever you want by double-clicking the text in the vector editor.
- In your new sprite, change the first block underneath the
when I receive [start v] block to
switch costume to [video-0 v] replacing "video-0" with the name of the first frame's costume of your sprite.
- There you go! You now can play your video to your heart's content. Space or mouse-click to pause or play, and drag the little pointer at the bottom to fast-forward or rewind.