- Several userpages on other language wikis redirect here. If you came to this wiki by accident, please press the "back" button on your browser.
|| Welcome to my user page! You can read it if you want to find out more about me. If you want to talk to me, please refer to Contact Info; otherwise go ahead and learn as much as you want about me. To see what I'm thinking or doing, take a look at my status, either by clicking that link or looking at the bottom of my header. Happy reading!
|| Please use the vector skin when viewing any of my userpages. They were designed while using that skin, so visuals might go wrong in the default skin. To do so, just add |
?useskin=vector to the end of the navigation bar.
Additionally, please collapse the "Tools" section in the vector skin.
Finally, please, PLEASE do not view any of my pages on a mobile phone. Thanks.
Hi! I'm kenny2scratch!
| Hold up: ||If you came here looking for how to use my stuff, please go to Project Guides.|
Me in a nutshell
I am a dedicated Scratcher who decided to try to help others more through the Scratch Wiki. I am an Experienced Wikian, administrator, and bureaucrat. In Scratch, I specialize in string manipulation. I love Undertale and Minecraft a lot.
I'm an American citizen born and raised in Hong Kong. I live in Hong Kong and it's a lot of fun without guns or sales tax
50% American (others)25% Vietnamese12.5% French12.5% Swedish
Random stuff about me
- I'm good at choral singing
- I live in Hong Kong; my timezone is GMT+08:00
- I'm colorblind
- I like reading legalese
- I am of Ravenclaw
- I speak English, Cantonese and Mandarin, Morse code, German numbers, and am learning Vietnamese
- I can read English, Traditional Chinese, Morse code, and chicken scratch
- My favorite things:
- Color: Blue
- Animal: Cheetah (idk)
- Game: Minecraft
- Person: [redacted]
- Scratch Wiki skin: ScratchWikiSkin2
- Font: Courier New
- Sport: none (I'm not sporty)
- OS: Windows
- Programming language: Python
- Keyboard layout: US
- I play
- Undertale: all routes except debug and hacker completed
- Minecraft: I specialise in redstone, never played survival, am now experimenting with mods
- Clash Royale: stats, deck: Valkyrie, Hog Rider, Musketeer, Fireball, Zap, Mirror, Minion Horde, Witch
- King of Thieves: name: Demosthenes, league: Orbeuseus, rating: 1239953, guild: GemRobbers, highest gem tier: 300K+
- If you somehow find my address, show up there, and tell me your username on the Wiki, I will make you spaghetti.
- I'm picky about my socks
- I'm probably younger than you think I am ;)
- At last count, I scored 1535 on User:Chrischb/Scratch Wikipediholic Test.
If you want to find out more about my personal life, just ask on my talk page. I welcome questions of all kinds there.
You can find me on Scratch @kenny2scratch, message me on my talk page if you're a Wikian, or if you're a stalker and somehow found out my address, snail mail me (I like letters).
On the Wiki, I...
- Stalk Recent Changes
- Edit talk pages since edits I can make are hard to find
- Fix typos in mainspace and occasionally add significant amounts of info
- Rarely revamp pages
- Do other cool stuff
- Am the template tech support guy (apparently)
- Suggest momentous things on the Community Portal
- Do bureaucratic stuff
On the Wiki, I've...
- and a bunch of categories and interwiki links
On the interwikis, I...
- Am an admin and do adminny things (like confirming account requests)
- Have server access to all interwikis, but use that access sparingly
- Edit the test Chinese wiki
- Manage Wiki Wednesday
On the interwikis, I've...
- Fixed de:Template:AdvancedYouTube to not be broken
- Confirmed 15 account requests, in a row, in Russian
- Customized several Test-Wiki interface messages
- Fixed a ScratchWikiSkin header issue where the "explore" link led to the legacy (now 403-ing) explore page.
- Fixed a ScratchWikiSkin footer issue where a lot of links were outdated and some were missing.
- Helped start up the Hebrew test wiki, with the initiative of Yzyzyz!
- Created Scratch Wiki:Wiki Wednesday Suggestions on the Test Wiki.
- Made various small tweaks and fixes.
Outside the Wiki, I...
- Muck around with Python or anything web-related
- Work on my improvement of blob8108's Scratch Wiki client
- Experiment with new ways of putting programming techniques together
- Make more stuff in Scratch
- Learn more stuff about more programming languages
- Deal with life (getting along pretty nicely)
- Am happy with someone ♥
Outside the Wiki, I've...
- Won Merit (and as a prize, a Raspberry Pi) in the CS Challenge 2016 Secondary School category. See if you can figure out which one is me in this image.
- Won Merit (and as a prize, a USB battery pack) in the CS Challenge 2017 Secondary School category. See if you can figure out which one is me in this image.
- Won 1st in Hong Kong in English Writing in International Competitions and Assessments for Schools 2016.
- Made a Windows Command Processor (aka CMD) modding system.
- Received 1st in English Language in my sixth grade (not hard since I was the only native English speaker in the entire school besides my brother).
- Received 1st in IT and 3rd in Science in my seventh grade.
- Made a small browser extension that inserts a user's Welcome template (mine) into a talk page. Go here for usage instructions (do this FIRST); download/install it here.
- Made another browser extension that automatically moves bot edits to your bot archive (mine) in two steps. Go here for usage instructions (do this FIRST); download/install it here.
- Made another browser extension that warns you if you haven't signed your post. Go here for usage instructions (do this FIRST); download/install it here.
- Made another browser extension that allows you to use pre-made edit summaries instead of having to type them over and over again or relying on browser suggestions. Go here for usage instructions (do this FIRST); download/install it here
- Made a browser extension that adds the "Discuss" link back to the main site; install here.
- Reached 100 followers on Scratch!
- Made a Python package, mw-api-client, an API client for MediaWiki written in Python.
My mother tongue is Python 2. I learned it before Scratch, and before Minecraft - about eight to nine years as of 2018. In around October/November 2017, I finally made the transition to Python 3, after adamantly refusing to switch for a long while.
I've worked with Minecraft redstone for seven to eight years by now (2018), and I played Undertale for just over a year before finally stopping. I hacked my SAVE file on my first playthrough, of course.
Currently I'm working on:
Programming languages I know:
- Scratch (if you count it)
- Python 2
- Python 3
- HTML (obviously)
- Windows Batch
- Bits of many other languages
|| No one in the world can change Truth. What we can do and should do is to seek truth and to serve it when we have found it. The real conflict is the inner conflict. Beyond armies of occupation and the hecatombs of extermination camps, there are two irreconcilable enemies in the depth of every soul: good and evil, sin and love. And what use are the victories on the battlefield if we ourselves are defeated in our innermost personal selves?
– Saint Maximilian Kolbe
|| Thanks for the link! This does look like a duplicate topic so I'll close it to keep the conversation all in one place. Please use the topic in the link above.
|| Everything is better when you add a little cheddar, because when you have cheese your life's at ease.
|| The hardest part of ending is starting again.
– Linkin Park
|| I find the answers aren't so clear...
Wish I could find a way to disappear...
Nothing seems to go away
Over and over again
– Linkin Park
|| Hi, thanks for checking in, I'm still a piece of garbage.
– Bill Wurtz
|| ivy gridge
- ↑ Firearms are illegal for civilians in China and Hong Kong
- ↑ Hong Kong does not charge sales tax
- ↑ My particular type of colorblindness: I'm a strong deutan, meaning I have difficulty telling the difference between reds and greens, or blues and purples. Additionally, (in my case) the red on a traffic light is identical to the yellow.
- ↑ I learned English as my native language, taught myself Cantonese and Mandarin in kindergarten, learned Morse code because I'm studying to be a HAM radio operator, learned German numbers because I visited there with my mom when she went on a business trip, and am learning Vietnamese because I am part Vietnamese.
- ↑ For English, Traditional Chinese, and Morse code, see previous ref; I learned chicken scratch randomly.
- ↑ I say this but my perception of color is not the best; see https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/247958/
- ↑ I'm bored
- ↑ as of 6/6/2017 02:17 (UTC)
- ↑ I got started with Super Scratch Programming Adventure! (1.4 edition)
- ↑ a b c These aren't considered programming languages per se, but I count them in this list. Most people would call them markup languages, hence the M in HTML.
- ↑ I'm not religious; Saint Kolbe is the patron saint of HAM radio operators.