Scratch 2.0 is the next version of Scratch, completely rewritten using Flash for the front-end and Python for the back-end. (Read more...)
until the release of Scratch 2.0
- November 31st: Pico takes over Scratch
- Octember 15th: The Paint Editor now supports bitmaps
- Yesterday: A Mongolian tribe invaded the server room
- Today: The Forums are written in DjangoBB (Python-based)
- Tomorrow? (: The Wiki gets a countdown timer
Important Scratch 2.0 information
- You can view the current beta at http://beta.scratch.mit.edu. Please report any bugs and give any feedback on the forums.
- Only accounts created after ??? will be allowed on the beta.
- The current forums will be archived; Scratch 2.0 will have fresh new forums.
In the News
- May 20, 2019 — Maliha2 as Scratch Curator
- Maliha2 has been chosen as the three-hundred-fifty-eighth curator on the Front Page. Feel free to congratulate Maliha2 on their profile!
- May 13, 2019 — facts1012008 as Scratch Curator
- facts1012008 has been chosen as the three-hundred-fifty-seventh curator on the Front Page. Feel free to congratulate facts1012008 on their profile!
- May 6, 2019 — Omis1220 as Scratch Curator
- Omis1220 has been chosen as the three-hundred-fifty-sixth curator on the Front Page. Feel free to congratulate Omis1220 on their profile!
- April 29, 2019 — ShimmerSparkle123 as Scratch Curator
- ShimmerSparkle123 has been chosen as the three-hundred-fifty-fifth curator on the Front Page. Feel free to congratulate ShimmerSparkle123 on their profile!
- April 22, 2019 — g-Codes as Scratch Curator
- g-Codes has been chosen as the three-hundred-fifty-fourth curator on the Front Page. Feel free to congratulate g-Codes on their profile!
|| Cloud Data
| Cloud data is a feature that allows users to store variables "in the cloud," or on the server. Cloud variables have the character "☁" (a cloud icon in the font Scratch uses) in front of them, to distinguish from regular variables.