Scratch 2.0 is the next version of Scratch, completely rewritten using Flash for the front-end and Python for the back-end. (Read more...)
until the release of Scratch 2.0
- November 31st: Pico takes over Scratch
- Octember 15th: The Paint Editor now supports bitmaps
- Yesterday: A Mongolian tribe invaded the server room
- Today: The Forums are written in DjangoBB (Python-based)
- Tomorrow? (: The Wiki gets a countdown timer
Important Scratch 2.0 information
- You can view the current beta at http://beta.scratch.mit.edu. Please report any bugs and give any feedback on the forums.
- Only accounts created after ??? will be allowed on the beta.
- The current forums will be archived; Scratch 2.0 will have fresh new forums.
In the News
- July 15, 2019 — HarmonyKitty as Scratch Curator
- HarmonyKitty has been chosen as the three-hundred-sixty-sixth curator on the Front Page. Feel free to congratulate HarmonyKitty on their profile!
- July 8, 2019 — Panda6uom as Scratch Curator
- Panda6uom has been chosen as the three-hundred-sixty-fifth curator on the Front Page. Feel free to congratulate Panda6uom on their profile!
- July 1, 2019 — FrostyRAhAz as Scratch Curator
- FrostyRAhAz has been chosen as the three-hundred-sixty-fourth curator on the Front Page. Feel free to congratulate FrostyRAhAz on their profile!
- June 24, 2019 — 01036283 as Scratch Curator
- 01036283 has been chosen as the three-hundred-sixty-third curator on the Front Page. Feel free to congratulate 01036283 on their profile!
- June 23, 2019 - EW Election Results!
- Congratulations to banana439monkey (talk | contribs) and jakel181 (talk | contribs), who have been elected Experienced Wikian! View detailed results here: Scratch Wiki:Elections/June 2019/Results.
|| Cloud Data
| Cloud data is a feature that allows users to store variables "in the cloud," or on the server. Cloud variables have the character "☁" (a cloud icon in the font Scratch uses) in front of them, to distinguish from regular variables.