|Turn Video ()|
The Turn Video () block is a Sensing block and a stack block. It can turn the webcam on, off, or on flipped horizontally, depending on the argument. Early in the Scratch 2.0 alpha, it was categorized as a Looks block.
|Note:||This block can turn on the computer's webcam. If using a webcam is not plausible, avoid usage of this block or click "Deny" on the Adobe Flash Player warning if one pops up.|
The block contains a drop-down list of three options.
- On — Turns the webcam on for utilization of the motion-sensing features in Scratch 2.0.
- Off — Turns the webcam off which will cause the constant film pasted onto the Stage to remove.
- On-Flipped — Turns the webcam on but displays the video footage in a horizontally Flipped form. This option is not available in the stage but only in sprites.
- Showing the user what they look like
when gf clicked turn video [on v]
- Turning the video on, to use the motion like a kinetic game for the X-box
when gf clicked //in Stage turn video [on v] when gf clicked //in a sprite forever move (video [motion v] on [Stage v]) steps if on edge, bounce