(Redirected from The Stage)
|This page has links to websites or programs not trusted by Scratch or hosted by Wikipedia. Remember to stay safe while using the Internet, as we can't guarantee the safety of other websites.|
All sprites have a particular position on the stage. However, no sprites can move behind the stage — the stage is always at the back layer.
Differences from Sprites
There are many differences between the stage and sprites. These include the following:
- Is stationary — thus,
- It has no Motion Blocks
- It has no size blocks
- It has no "touching" blocks in the Sensing category
- It does not have the Distance to () block
- In Scratch 1.4, selecting the Stage with Motion Blocks selected would change it to Sensing Blocks.
- It does not have a pen and therefore has no Pen Blocks except for Clear
- It cannot talk — thus
- It has backdrops instead of costumes
- It cannot be cloned
- It cannot be renamed
- It does not have the Show or Hide blocks in the Looks category
- It cannot change layers — it is always at the very back layer.
- It is always 480×360 unless in Small Stage Layout
- Any space in backdrops left transparent becomes white automatically in bitmap
The stage can be 3 different sizes:
- Normal mode; the stage is 480×360 pixels
- Small Stage Layout
- Main article: Small Stage Layout
- The stage is half the size with a resolution of 240×180 pixels; this is useful for having more room in the scripts area.
- Full-screen mode
- Main article: Full Screen
- Fits the player to one's web browser's current resolution