(Redirected from The Stage)
All sprites have a particular position on the stage. However, no sprites can move behind the stage — the stage is always at the back layer.
Differences from Sprites
There are many differences between the stage and sprites. These include the following:
- Is stationary — thus,
- It has no Motion Blocks
- It has no size blocks
- It has no "touching" blocks in the Sensing category
- It does not have the Distance to () block
- In Scratch 1.4, selecting the Stage with Motion Blocks selected would change it to Sensing Blocks
- It does not have a pen, and therefore has no Pen Blocks except for Erase All
- It cannot talk — thus
- It has backdrops instead of costumes
- It cannot be cloned
- It cannot be renamed
- It does not have the Show or Hide blocks in the Looks category
- It cannot change layers — it is always at the very back layer
- It is always 480×360 unless in Small Stage Layout
- Any space in backdrops left transparent becomes white automatically in bitmap
- Variables made while the stage is selected cannot be local
The stage can be 3 different sizes:
- Normal mode; the stage is 480×360 pixels.
- Small Stage Layout
- Main article: Small Stage Layout
- The stage is half the size with a resolution of 240×180 pixels; this is useful for having more room in the scripts area.
- Full-screen mode
- Main article: Full Screen
- Fits the player to one's web browser's current resolution.