(Redirected from Tera)
In Scratch 2.0, several new sprites were added to the sprite library. Four of the new sprites were collectively titled "Gobo's Friends". They are drawn by Wing Ngan. Each sprite has four different costumes, one "happy", one "very happy", one "surprised", and one "mad". Pico and Giga also have a walking animation.
Following the renovation of the Scratch Server Internal Error, all of Gobo's Friends had redesigns of them appearing in the Scratch website drawn by Scratch Team members.
- "Pico" redirects here. For the Scratch Board, see PicoBoard.
- See also: April Fools' Day#2013
Pico is light orange-red, with round ears and a pointed head. In some appearances, they are colored red, such as in the 500 Error page.
Pico on the recent Scratch Server Internal Error
Pico on the old Scratch 2.0 Maintenance Mode page
Tera is blue, with round, feathery hair.
Tera on the old Scratch 2.0 Maintenance Mode page
Tera on the Email Address Confirmation success page
Tera on Email Address Confirmation error page
Tera in the Scratch Day 2015 Video
Tera in a Scratch Mentors' series, Scratch Mystery
Nano is gray with orange ears. Nano is the shortest of Gobo's Friends, but is also the widest.
Nano in the Scratch Day 2015 Video
Giga is dark red with pointy hair, similar to Pico.
Giga on the 404 Error page
Giga on the new Sprite button in Scratch 2.0
Giga on one of the icons for Scratch News.
- The names for Gobo's Friends are derived from metric prefixes for powers of 10:
- "Pico" means 10−12
- "Nano" means 10−9
- "Giga" means 109
- "Tera" means 1012
- Pico is sometimes considered a symbol of trickery, due to the April Fool's Day prank of 2013.
- ↑ natalie. (16/5/2012). "WIng Ngan created these characters[sic]" projects:10001345
- ↑ projects:40317902