Is the "Befriending one's self" section really necessary?
Mathfreak231 (talk | contribs) 21:27, 3 April 2013 (UTC)
- It's interesting, and people have repeatedly asked how to do it. Hmm, maybe it should be an FAQ article instead.
Scimonster (talk | contribs) 09:25, 4 April 2013 (UTC)
- That section does seem kind of unrelated, I think it could be an FAQ article. But lets hold off until we have the final decisions.
Legobob23o (talk | contribs) 18:01, 4 April 2013 (UTC)
- We could make a How To page on that "befriending yourself" thing.
Legobob23o (talk | contribs) 16:10, 8 May 2013 (UTC)
- I vote for it to remain here, because its the obvious place to look for this information. It is out of ace because of the relative lack of relevant content.
Hardmath123 (talk | contribs) 16:22, 8 May 2013 (UTC)
- I think it could go in a How-to linked from See Also.
Scimonster (talk | contribs) 16:28, 8 May 2013 (UTC)
- Since it's not even going to be valid for the new site, I think it doesn't merit its own how-to page.
veggieman001 (talk | contribs) 20:11, 8 May 2013 (UTC)
- Actually, I did manage to do it on the new 2.0 site the my new Ori-Tak account.
Legobob23o (talk | contribs) 12:38, 11 May 2013 (UTC)
- Some people probably don't even like it when someone befriends themselves.
3sal2 (talk | contribs) 23:16, 17 June 2013 (UTC)
Scimonster (talk | contribs) 19:08, 19 June 2013 (UTC)
- It's necessary.
Curiouscrab (talk | contribs) 16:54, 17 August 2013 (UTC)
- It's technically a bug, right? So we're telling people how to exploit a bug on Scratch. Other pages like this get deleted.
Mathfreak231 (talk | contribs) 23:50, 17 November 2013 (UTC)
This is a 1.4 article
Therefore, going by Turkey3's CP post, it should be moved to Friend (1.4). Shall I do so?
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 05:41, 3 July 2017 (UTC)
- Actually since there is no such thing as a "Friend" in Scratch 2.0 it should remain without the "(1.4)", as that's how it seems to be currently.
23:44, 3 July 2017 (UTC)
You can do a similar thing in isOnline, so should I add a new section about it?
Redglitter (talk | contribs) 17:12, 3 September 2017 (UTC)
- No (in my opinion). isOnline is an extension and it's not made by Scratch, so in my opinion isOnline friending should stay in it's own article. This article talks about how you used to be able to friend people in Scratch 1.x. But let's see what other people think just to make sure.
bigpuppy talk ▪︎ contribs 00:16, 4 September 2017 (UTC)
- I agree with Bigpuppy.
Drunken_Sailor (talk | contribs) 06:59, 4 September 2017 (UTC)
- I also agree because the ST Made an announcement on the discussion forums some months ago that public extensions are not allowed to be advertised on Scratch.
Nambaseking01 (talk | contribs) 14:12, 10 August 2019 (UTC)
Can this be merged with Followers?
Friending is just an older version/name for following, as the article states, so shouldn't this page be merged with Followers?
J_Coder26 (talk | contribs) 22:17, 28 July 2021 (UTC)
- No Support Freinding is the older version of following, and if many of the sections go in there then the viewer will be confused about whether it is freinding or following. However I'm OK if there is one section that talks about freinding saying that its outdated, or if the page gets redirected from "Freind".
Username_6666666 (talk | contribs) 13:46, 23 August 2021 (UTC)
- Just to clarify, friending is the same thing as following. The way you worded your point that people might get confused about the difference between friending and following made it sound like you thought they are different things. They are the same thing so I wouldn't think users would be confused about what they are if the subsection I suggest merging this article into states that they are the same thing. Another reason why your point is flawed is because we're not changing anything major about the main idea of the article, so people are going to be more or less equally confused (for those who are confused) whether it is it's own article or a subsection. All that is happening is that the the article will be "changing locations".
J_Coder26 (talk | contribs) 03:46, 26 August 2021 (UTC)