If the value is four or less, the sprite will appear to be at four percent size. To hide a sprite, simply use the Hide block.
When a sprite is enlarged in Bitmap mode, it pixelates. To avoid this, use drawings in vector mode
Use in Scripts
Size can be used in animation and much more. To change it, you raise or lower the value. The minimum and maximum sizes of sprites vary depending on its default size and its shape, but the average is approximately 3% for minimum, and 500% for maximum. In a 1x1 pixel sprite, the size can be up to an enormous 54000% maximum.
- A button that quickly changes size to mimic a button press
- Resize a sprite that was drawn smaller than wanted
- A painting game to show what size a line or shape is so that one can change it the way one prefers.
- A platformer with an element that changes the size of the character
- An animation with a sprite decreasing in size to achieve the effect of moving farther away
A sprite's size can be altered or read with these blocks:
- Change Size by () — This block will change the size value. You can change it by a positive or negative number, which will move the value up or down.
- Set Size to ()% — This block will set a size to a specific value.
- Size — This block will report the current size of its sprite.
- () of () (Sensing block) — A block that reports the value of any sprite's X Position, Y Position, Direction, Costume#/Costume name, Size, Volume or Variables.