- This article is about the block. For more information on the value this block reports, see Size (value).
The size block is not commonly used; although many projects use the Set Size to () block, they rarely need to know about a sprite's current size. Usually a change in size is pre-planned, such as in animations.
Some common uses are:
- Math tools and formulas
- 3 dimensional scenes where points are partly based on size values
- Changing an effect based on the size
- Bouncing an object (from a bird's eye view)
To implement the fourth, the following script can be used:
when flag clicked forever set size to (100)% repeat (10) change size by ((size) / (10)) wait (0.1) secs end repeat (10) change size by (((size) / (10)) * (-1)) wait (0.1) secs end end
- Main article: List of Block Workarounds
This block can be replicated with the following code:
([size v] of [wanted sprite v]) //or when gf clicked forever set size to (sizе)% end //Then, you can use (sizе) //to get the size and set [size v] to  //to set it.
Say () for () Secs • Say () • Think () for () Secs • Think () • Switch Costume to () • Next Costume • Switch Backdrop to () Next Backdrop • Change Size by () • Set Size to ()% • Change () Effect by () • Set () Effect to () • Clear Graphic Effects • Show • Hide • Go to () Layer • Go () () Layers • Costume # • Backdrop Number • Size
|For the Stage|