(Redirected from Set () Effect to () (block))
- "Set () Effect to ()" redirects here. For the sound block, see Set () Effect to () (Sound block).
|Set () Effect to ()|
set [color v] effect to (0)
The Set () Effect to () block is a Looks block and a stack block. The block sets the specified effect on its sprite or the stage to the amount given. There are seven different effects to choose from: color, fisheye, whirl, pixelate, mosaic, brightness, and ghost.
This block is used to set the value of an effect. Some common uses are:
- Changing the color of a sprite with the color effect
set [color v] effect to (1) say [Want to see a different color?] for (2) seconds set [color v] effect to (20)
- Using the fisheye effect to make a sprite look like it is in water
- Whirling sprites with the whirl effect
- Pixelating sprites with the pixelate effect
set [pixelate v] effect to (10) say [8-Bit is awesome!]
- Creating the illusion of multiple sprites with the mosaic effect
- Creating different brightness levels with the brightness effect
if <(light on?) = [yes]> then set [brightness v] effect to (50) else set [brightness v] effect to (-50) end
- Making sprites transparent with the ghost effect
when I receive [Begin! v] set [ghost v] effect to (50) say [Boo, I'm a ghost and I'm going to be your guide for your haunted house tour!] for (5) seconds
- Making sprites fade with the ghost effect
set [ghost v] effect to (0) repeat (10) change [ghost v] effect by (-10)
- Making sprites hide when the green flag is clicked, assuming one of the sprites has some text saying "press the green flag to start!"
when gf clicked set [ghost v] effect to (100)
- When the green flag is clicked, it will hide; pressing the Stop Sign resets all graphic and sound effects to 0, and so the sprite will be seen.
There can be multiple effects on a sprite at once — effects can be combined to produce more effects.
Say () for () Seconds • Say () • Think () for () Seconds • Think () • Switch Costume to () • Next Costume • Switch Backdrop to () • Next Backdrop • Change Size by () • Set Size to ()% • Change () Effect by () • Set () Effect to () • Clear Graphic Effects • Show • Hide • Go to () Layer • Go () () Layers • Costume () • Backdrop () • Size
|For the Stage|