- For other uses, see FAQ (disambiguation).
The Scratch FAQ is a page on the Scratch Website that lists Frequently Asked Questions about Scratch. It is helpful for troubleshooting problems and learning about features that one was previously ignorant of. The FAQ can be accessed by clicking on the link on the footer of the Scratch Website.
The Scratch forums are another helpful resource where users can ask questions and provide answers.
Prior to Scratch 2.0, there was also a category on the forums for FAQ.
As of June 2020, the following topics are the main overview of Scratch's FAQ:
|Note:||More information can be found on the Scratch FAQ page, which can be accessed via the link at the bottom of this article.|
- General Questions
- What is Scratch, and what can I do with it?
- How do I make a game or animation with Scratch?
- Who uses Scratch?
- What are the system requirements for Scratch?
- Do you have a downloadable version so I can create and view projects offline?
- Can I still upload projects created with older versions of Scratch to the website?
- How much does Scratch cost? Do I need a license?
- Who created Scratch?
- Scratch 3.0
- What is Scratch 3.0?
- How can I report bugs and share feedback on Scratch 3.0?
- Is Scratch 3.0 available in multiple languages?
- Does Scratch 3.0 remove any coding blocks from earlier versions of Scratch?
- Does Scratch 3.0 introduce new blocks?
- Why are the blocks bigger in Scratch 3.0 than in earlier versions?
- What are the new features in the Paint Editor?
- What are the new features in the Sound Editor?
- What happened to the Scratch Tips Window?
- Remixing and Copying
- What is a remix?
- Why does the Scratch Team require that all projects be “remixable”?
- What if I don’t want others to remix my projects?
- Can I use images / sounds / media from the internet in my projects?
- Why is it useful to have a Scratch account?
- How can I create an account?
- How do I confirm my account?
- How can I check whether my account has been confirmed?
- Do I have to confirm my account?
- I forgot my username or password. How can I reset it?
- How do I change my password?
- How do I change my email address?
- How do I transition from 'New Scratcher' to 'Scratcher'?
- Can I have more than one account?
- Is it OK to have more than one person logged into an account?
- Can I change my username?
- What information can I share on/with my account?
- How do I delete my account?
- Licensing and Permissions
- Is Scratch free? Can I use it wherever I want?
- Can I use screenshots of Scratch in a book or presentation?
- Can I include a description of Scratch in brochures or other materials?
- Can I present Scratch at a conference?
- May I use/remix Scratch support materials, sprites, images, sounds or sample projects I’ve found on the website?
- Can I sell my Scratch projects?
- Where can I find the source code for Scratch?
- Inappropriate Content
- How do I know what is or isn’t okay to share on the Scratch website?
- What do I do if I see something that’s inappropriate?
- What do I do if I see someone being mean or disrespectful?
- What does the Scratch team do when something is reported or flagged?
- What happens when an account is blocked?
- Someone got access to my account and got my account blocked. What do I do?
- Scratch Extensions
- What are extensions?
- How do I add an extension to a project?
- How do I create my own extension for Scratch?
- What will happen to the ScratchX website?
- Cloud Variables
- What are cloud variables?
- Who can see the data stored in cloud variables?
- What types of data can be stored in cloud variables?
- If I see someone post inappropriate content using cloud variables, how do I report it?
- Can I make chat rooms with cloud variables?
- How can I make a cloud variable?
- Who can change the information in a cloud variable?
- I am logged in, but I cannot use projects with cloud variables. What is going on?
- Is it possible to make multiplayer games with cloud variables?
- Scratch in Schools
- How is Scratch used in schools?
- Is there a way for students to use Scratch without an internet connection?
- Can I turn off the online community for my students?
- What is a Scratch Teacher Account?
- How do I request a Scratch Teacher Account?
- What data does Scratch collect about students?
- Is the online version of Scratch compliant with United States local and federal data privacy laws?
- Community Guidelines — the rules of the Scratch community
- Frequently Asked Questions — a separate list of compiled questions on this wiki
The Wiki is working on a dark theme, and you're seeing it! Got feedback? Post on the Wiki Forum Topic.