|This page has links to websites or programs not trusted by Scratch or hosted by Wikipedia. Remember to stay safe while using the Internet, as we can't guarantee the safety of other websites.|
Before ScratchEd was created, the "Educators" forum was used as a place for teachers to get ideas and advice for teaching about Scratch, similar to the current ScratchEd. The Scratch Team later thought that it would be much better if a this forum was more centralized and concentrated on a separate website, which is now known as ScratchEd. An archive for reference of the old forum is still available here.
The ScratchEd website contains many resources for educators around the world, teaching Scratch. Resources include:
- Videos teaching certain lessons
- Videos and articles explaining how to set up a Scratch Workshop
- Stories by other members describing their experiences and giving advice
- Example Scratch projects to help educators
- Other resources
Users do not have to be a member to access these resources, but non-members cannot discuss the resources and ask other members for advice without joining the website.
Clicking on the "Discussions" tab takes users to the ScratchEd forums. These contain the following categories:
- News and Announcements - What's happening? Find out what's new with Scratch and the Scratch educator community.
- Events - Teaching a workshop? Attending a seminar? Share any Scratch-related events.
- Scratch Educator Meetups - Getting together with other educators? Check for meetup announcements and reflections.
- Teaching with Scratch - Questions about curriculum? Ideas about integration? Contribute ideas about using Scratch in informal and formal learning environments.
- Computer Science Education - Excited about Scratch for CS? Share any questions and ideas about Scratch as a way to support computer science learning.
- Researching Scratch - Conducting (or interested in) research that involves Scratch? Join the discussion, and share any related questions, interests, observations, and ideas.
- How do I...? - Looking for advice about working with Scratch? Ask and answer Scratch questions.
- Reflections - What do people learn with Scratch? Share thoughts about the powerful ideas underlying Scratch.
- Bugs, Troubleshooting, Suggestions - Bugs, Troubleshooting, Suggestions
These forums allow educators to talk with each other, making the teaching of Scratch easier.
Creating an Account
To create an account on the ScratchEd site, go to this page and enter the following information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Brief biography
- Affiliation (optional)
- Location (optional)
- Scratch User Name (optional)