(Redirected from Repeat Until ())
|Repeat Until ()|
repeat until <>
The Repeat Until () block is a Control block and a C block. Blocks held inside this block will loop until the specified boolean statement is true, in which case the code beneath the block (if any) will execute. This loop is in similar nature to a
while loop in some other programming languages.
As this block loops pieces of code until a condition is true, the block is the best way to run code until a desired condition has been reached. Some common uses:
- Moving a sprite until its X or Y position is at a certain amount
repeat until <(x position) = > move (10) steps
- Having a sprite stick to the mouse until the mouse is not down
repeat until <not <mouse down?>> go to (mouse pointer v)
- Waiting for an event while performing an action
repeat until <. . .::grey> . . .
reset timer repeat until <(timer) > (limit)> . . . end
- Repeating a question until the user answers correctly
repeat until <(answer) = (correct answer)> ask [question] and wait end
- Main article: List of Block Workarounds
This block can be worked around with the following code:
forever . . . if <. . .::grey> then broadcast (next v) stop [this script v] end
when I receive [next v] . . .