(Redirected from Project Could Not Save)
In the Scratch 3.0 online editor, the Project could not save prompt appears when a project failed to save to the website. Next to the prompt, there are two buttons. Try again will attempt to save the project again, and Download will download the project to the computer as an sb3 file.
Possible causes for the appearance of this prompt may include:
- The user's account has been logged out.
- The device is no longer connected to the internet.
- The project's file size is too large.
When one of these alerts appears, try the following steps in order, and attempt to save the project after each step.
- Check that you are connected to the internet.
- Open a new tab and check that you are signed into the right account. If not, sign in.
- Make sure you don't have any costumes or sounds that may be over 10MB in size.
- Delete any unnecessary blocks, variables, lists, costumes, sprites, costumes and sounds.
- Check if you have any excessively long variables, lists, comments, costume names, sound names, sprite names, variable names, list names, custom block names or backdrop names. If there are any, make them shorter.
If the project still does not save, there may be too much code. Try downloading the project and editing it with the offline editor.
The Wiki is working on a dark theme, and you're seeing it! Got feedback? Post on the Wiki Forum Topic.