|This article has links to websites or programs not trusted by Scratch or hosted by Wikipedia. Remember to stay safe while using the internet, as we cannot guarantee the safety of other websites.|
|Please expand this article or section. You can help by talk page. (October 2018)if you are an editor. More information might be found in a section of the|
Just under a month after the first report, with 7 reports already, one Scratcher and Scratch Team member Paddle2See theorised that the main cause of this bug was posts indentified as commercial spam that were moved to the Dustbin forum. This was occasionally the last post in the forum, and as a result, the last post section was left blank.
On May 18, 2017, the Scratch Team made some unknown changes to the filter system, and after that, all occurrences of the bug suddenly disappeared. No explanation was given. However, the bug eventually reappeared.
On August 21, 2017, the bug reappeared in the Open Source Projects forum.
This also happened on:
- October 20, 2017: Other Languages
- February 18, 2018: Announcements
- April 8, 2018: Open Source Projects
- May 16, 2018: Africa
- July 23, 2018: New Scratchers
- December 27, 2018: Scratch 3.0 Beta
- May 14, 2020: Questions about Scratch
- June 26, 2020: Ελληνικά (Greek)
- July 6, 2020: New Scratchers
- July 30 2020: Other Languages
- The current post tracking this bug