This is a list of errors that can occur when attempting to post on the Scratch Forums.
- The Sixty-Second Rule: An error given to Scratchers who attempt to post more than once within one minute. ("Sorry, you have to wait 60 seconds between posts.")
- The 120-Second Rule: An error given to New Scratchers who attempt to post more than once within two minutes. ("At least 120 seconds have to pass between posts. Please wait a little while and try posting again.")
- Image embed host restriction: ("To embed images on the forums, you need to upload them to an approved image host like tinypic.com. Please update your image links or remove all BB code [img] tags. Bad image url: image URL") This is to prevent image spam and inappropriate images.
- Image embed restriction for New Scratchers: New Scratchers are not allowed to embed images in their posts. This is to prevent image spam. ("Whoops! Only "Scratchers" can post images to the discussion forums. To learn more about becoming a "Scratcher" please visit the FAQ.")
- URL linking restriction for New Scratchers: New Scratchers cannot post URLs to websites other than Scratch in their posts. This is to prevent spam from spambots or other sources. ("Sorry, New Scratchers / TBGers cannot post urls to websites other than Scratch in their posts. Please remove all BB code [url] tags.")
- BBCode syntax error: This occurs when a BBCode tag is misspelled, misplaced, or absent from the post. (Starting with "The BBCode syntax in the message is incorrect." Depending on the situation, any of these are after: "Missing start tag for [/quote]", "Missing end tag for [code]", "Missing start tag for [/code]", "Missing one or more end tags for [quote]", "Missing one or more start tags for [/quote].")
- No subject error: If no subject is given when creating a topic, an error is thrown. ("Topics must contain a subject.")
- Subject limit error: If a subject is longer than 155 characters, it cannot be saved. ("This field is required" is displayed above the subject textbox)
- No message error: Posts must contain some content. ("This field is required" is displayed above the message textbox)