- This article is about ranks of users on the Scratch website. For ranks of users on the Scratch Wiki, see Special:ListGroupRights.
An account rank determines a user's privileges on the Scratch Website and Forums.
- New Scratcher - The default rank for all new users, has some restrictions such as having to wait between comments and having to wait 120 seconds between each post they make on the Discussion Forums to prevent spam.
- Scratcher - The rank given to users who have been sufficiently active on the Scratch Website and Forums. They do not have to wait between posts and they only need to wait 60 seconds between forum posts. This is the regular rank that you will find most of the community has.
- Teacher - the rank given to users who have successfully requested a Teacher Account. These users have additional privileges over students in their classes, such as the ability to delete some of their comments and receive notifications when they do certain things such as share a project or receive an alert.
- Community Moderator - A rank that used to apply on the forums to specific users (it has since been largely replaced by Scratch Mentors). They looked at reports and help out when people need assistance.
- Scratch Team - The rank given to people who either moderate the Scratch Website and forums or people who take part in developing Scratch; it comes with administrator privileges. To get this rank you must be at MIT working for Scratch. For job openings - look at the bottom of the page on the Scratch website.
The Wiki is working on a dark theme, and you're seeing it! Got feedback? Post on the Wiki Forum Topic.