|This article or section documents something not included in the current version of Scratch (3.0). It is only useful from a historical perspective.|
- This article or section documents an outdated version of Scratch (version 2.0). For this article in Scratch 1.4, see How to Download Scratch (1.4).
This is a tutorial on how to download the offline version of Scratch 2.0.
Installing Adobe AIR
|This article has links to websites or programs not trusted by Scratch or hosted by Wikipedia. Remember to stay safe while using the internet, as we cannot guarantee the safety of other websites.|
If one does not already have Adobe AIR, One can download and install it .
For Scratch to run properly, the following minimum system requirements are needed:
- Windows, Mac, or Linux (32 bit) operating system
- Adobe Air version 2.6+
- Over 23 megabytes of free hard drive space
Installing the Offline Editor
To download the offline editor, first go here and then click on "Scratch 2.0 installer". This will download the installer into the scratcher's downloads folder. Next go double click the installer in its folder. Scratch will start installing.
Known issues with the offline editor
- The backpack is not yet available for the offline editor.
- Graphics blocks will slow down the editor due to a bug.
- If your offline editor is crashing directly after Scratch is opened, install the Scratch 2 offline editor again. This issue is due to a bug introduced in Adobe AIR version 14.