Patrolled edits are a feature which allows specific users to mark items in recent changes as having been "patrolled" or "approved". This is only available to EWs and above.
This feature is useful when reviewing recent changes for undesirable edits, link spam and vandalism. This allows people (with permission to do so) to coordinate their patrolling activity, such that edits get checked over once, with less wasted effort (different people checking the same edit).
Marking edits as patrolled
- To mark an edit as patrolled
- Access Special:RecentChanges
- Changes which are not patrolled will be indicated with a !
- Click the (diff) link next to an edit
- Review the changes the edit made
- To mark the edit as patrolled, click the mark as patrolled link
Hiding patrolled edits from recent changes
Patrolled edits can be hidden from recent changes by adding "hidepatrolled=1" to url in the following form:
Users with the "autopatrol" right (on this wiki, the same as those with the "patrol" right) automatically mark their own edits as patrolled. This can be useful to prevent having to patrol one's own edits.