|This article or section may not have content matching Scratch Wiki editing standards. Please improve it according to Scratch Wiki:Guidelines and Scratch Wiki:Editing Conventions. (Date?)|
|This article has links to websites or programs not trusted by Scratch or hosted by Wikipedia. Remember to stay safe while using the internet, as we cannot guarantee the safety of other websites.|
GitHub is a website used by numerous open and closed source projects to use Git as their version control system and get contributors. It is also used by the Scratch Team to host the source code for Scratch. Several Scratch Wiki members also use it. It has both free and paid plans.
Public GitHub Repositories by the Scratch Team
The Scratch Team is currently hosting fifty four public repositories on GitHub. Some of them are:
- scratch-www - Scratch Website
- scratch-render - Scratch wikipedia:WebGL Renderer
- scratch-gui - Scratch User Interface
- scratch-paint - Paint Editor
- scratch-vm - Scratch Virtual Machine
- scratch-blocks - Scratch Blocks
- scratchjr - ScratchJr
Public GitHub Repositories by the International Scratch Wiki
The International Scratch Wiki is currently hosting sixteen public repositories on GitHub. They are:
- ScratchWikiSkin2 - Skin for the Scratch Wiki.
- scratch-confirmaccount-v3 - A new in-house account request system for the Scratch Wikis.
- PassEdit - Edit an account's password or email.
- development-meta - This Wiki is used for documenting the development process.
- scratch-wiki.info - The code for the root international Scratch Wiki website.
- mw-ScratchBlocks4 - Use new Scratch Blocks on MediaWiki.
- OSBlocks - Hide the block list from public view in MediaWiki
- mw-embedScratch - Embedding Scratch Project
- scratch-confirmaccount-v2 (Archived)
- wiki-scratchsig (Archived)
- scratchwikiskin (Archived)
- ScratchBlocks (Archived)
- scratch-confirmaccount-v1 (Archived)
- Dutch-mw-Scratchblocks2 (Archived)
Directly from GitHub
One way is to click the "Clone" button on the repository's page, then select ""Download as .zip""
With a Terminal:
|Note:||It will need sudo authorization.|
Open Terminal and paste the one of the code:
- For Debian-based distributions (Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, etc.):
sudo apt-get install git-all
- For RPM-based distributions (Fedora, CentOS, etc.):
sudo dnf install git-all
Use another code when Git installed:
git clone <write the depository's URL address>
Windows and Mac
Install Git from its official website, then paste the following code to Command Prompt:
git clone <write the depository's URL and add .git at the end of the URL without any space>
Run Scratch Virtual Machine
|Note:||Before running, download Node.js from its website and ensure that it has access to localhost.|
Open Command Prompt/Terminal in the repository, then copy-paste the following code:
It should now work at http://localhost:8073/playground/ .
npm run build
<script src="/path/to/dist/web/scratch-vm.js"></script> <script> var vm = new window.VirtualMachine(); // do things </script>