- "Homepage" redirects here. For Scratch Wiki homepage, see Scratch Wiki Home.
- This article or section documents the current version of Scratch (version 2.0). For this article in Scratch 1.4, see Front Page (1.4).
- Not to be confused with Scratch Website.
In some cases, a project is deemed inappropriate for the front page and marked Not For Everyone. Projects with animated thumbnails are also marked Not For Everyone.
On the 26th of October, 2015, the Scratch Team completely redesigned the front page. There are plans to implement the new design of the front page around the rest of the website.
On July 15, 2015, an "About" button was added to the website header. In addition to the "About" button being added, the search bar was also off-centered and shorter. Some users were upset about this and even made a suggestion with many supporters to have the update reversed.
- Main article: Activity Feeds#What's Happening?
The "What's Happening?" section is shown in the top-left of the page. It shows recent activity by Scratchers the logged-in user is following. This includes sharing, remixing; loving, and favouriting projects, following users and studios, and adding projects to studios.
When the user's language is set to Meow, the 'What's Happening?' text reads: 'WHAT'S HAPPENIN RIGHT MEOW?', also when the user's language is set to Edible Scratch, it will read 'What's Cookin'?'. These languages were used as part of the April Fools Day pranks in 2014 and 2015.
- Main article: Scratch News
The Scratch News section is shown in the top-right of the page. The Scratch Team publishes short news items here. Most have a longer version accessible on the official news page, and a link to a forum topic.
When the website language is set to Meow, the 'Scratch News' text reads 'SCRATCH MEWS'; if it is set to Edible Scratch, it will be "Eater's Digest".
The Front Page consists of seven to ten rows when logged in (depending on whether one is following any Scratchers or studios), and six when logged out. Each row displays 5 projects or 4 studios (depending on the row) at a time, but are scrollable to show up to twenty projects.
- Featured Projects: When the Scratch Team greatly likes a project, they feature it here. Projects can be recommended to be featured in this this studio.
- Featured Studios: This row is similar to the above one, except that this is where studios are featured.
- Projects Curated by [curator]: The current Scratch curator picks five projects that go on this row.
- Scratch Design Studio: This row randomly displays a selection of projects in the current Scratch Design Studio.
- Projects by Scratchers I'm Following: This section displays recent projects from users one is following. This row is shown only to logged-in users that are following other users.
- Projects Loved by Scratchers I'm Following: This section displays recent projects that users one is following have loved. This row is shown only to logged-in users that are following other users.
- Projects in Studios I'm Following: This section displays projects in studios one is following. This row is shown only to logged-in users that are following studios.
- What the Community is Remixing: This section displays the projects that achieved the most remixes in the last ten days.
- What the Community is Loving: This section displays the projects that achieved the most loves in the last ten days.
Some projects are exempt from the top ten. These include projects that are already featured or curated or projects by a user who has another project on the front page. If a project is in the Top Loved, it will not be shown in Top Remixed. In these cases, the eleventh, twelfth, or lower ranked projects are added to the choices.