|Please expand this article or section. You can help by talk page. (January 2017)if you are an editor. More information might be found in a section of the|
The For Parents Page is a page with some information about Scratch. It has content for parents including an FAQ and links to other pages with more information. A link to the page can be found at the bottom of any page on the Scratch website under the About category or on the Scratch Home Page when someone is not signed into Scratch.
The following items are included in the page:
- A brief summary of the program.
- A video about the importance of children learning to code
- An short overview of how the program works for children.
- The age range that Scratch was designed for and what ages use it
- Resources for learning Scratch, including a link to a step-by-step guide and a link to the Ideas Page
- A short definition of the Scratch online community and the ways in which it is used to support learning
- A brief explanation of the Community Guidelines and a statement encouraging parents to read through the guidelines with their children
- An explanation on how to avoid joining the online website by using the Offline Editor and a link to the download page.