|This article is a stub. It may be incomplete, unfinished, or have missing parts/sections. If the article can be expanded, please do so! There may be suggestions on its talk page. (August 2020)|
A face reveal is a type of project which a Scratcher reveals their face to the community. The Scratch Team does not allow such projects, and encourages users to report projects that contain face reveals as the primary focus of the project. However, the Scratch Team has been known to allow including a user's face in a project if it is not the primary focus.
Some Scratchers create false face reveals in an attempt to trick the community. These projects usually contain unrelated content such as rickrolls.
Preventing Face Reveals
In order to stop face reveals, the Scratch Team has done the following:
- Added the ability to report a project as face reveal.
- On May 13, 2021, the ability to create a new costume using the camera option was removed.
- speakvisually. (5/2/2017). "We notice there is a new trend of sharing “face reveal” projects on Scratch…we have begun to remove these projects from the Scratch website." post:2589736
- "Scratch allows people to use pictures of their face in creative projects like games, stories, or animations." scratch:js/splash.intl.js
- ScratchCat. (14/5/2021). "While this vision and feature do promote creative expression, a feature which was designed to encourage people to share pictures of themselves does not meet our privacy standards." topic:513228