The email address confirmation system is a feature which allows the email address owner to confirm an account. This was implemented on February 13, 2015. Accounts created before this date can also be confirmed however not doing so will not put restrictions on your account.
An account can stay with an unconfirmed email address but cannot do anything except make and save unshared projects until the email address is confirmed. Accounts made before February 13, 2015, do not have to confirm their email addresses and can leave comments, share projects, and create studios, etc. without confirming their existing addresses.
This feature was implemented for a couple of reasons:
- Scratch Email Updates are planned
- Stops trouble of password resetting
- Stops possible hacking into an account
|Note:||Users who do not confirm their email cannot be invited to studios, as the user who's inviting them will receive "Sorry, you don't have permission to do that". This is due to certain features of a user account being configured after the user confirms their email address.|
How to Confirm Email Address
- Go to the "Email Tab" in your Account Settings page on the Scratch Website.
- If you created your account after the update, the email is already sent. If not, click "Send".
- Log into your email account
- You should find your email asking you to confirm. Click "Confirm my email address".
|Note:||If you cannot find the email, it might be possible that the email might be in your spam folder. If you still can't find it, choose to send the email again.|