|This article has links to websites or programs not trusted by Scratch or hosted by Wikipedia. Remember to stay safe while using the internet, as we cannot guarantee the safety of other websites.|
Scratch and the Scratch Website run entirely on grants and donations. Anyone can donate by navigating to the Scratch donation site. Donating helps fund Scratch development and research by the Scratch Team, and a way to give back to them. Scratch runs on donations, and therefore relies on everyday people to donate.
Reasons to Donate
There are several reasons why one would want to donate, but here are a few:
- They want to give back.
- They want to help the Scratch Team in their goal of teaching programming.
- Scratch is entirely free, so it runs solely on donations. They want to keep Scratch running.
Where the Donations go
Since donations are what Scratch run on, donations practically go everywhere in Scratch, but here are a few places:
- Developing new versions of Scratch
- Moderating activity in the online Scratch community
- Developing new support materials