|| This article or section documents a feature not included in the current version of Scratch (3.0). It is only useful from a historical perspective.
| Color FX Test ()
| Introduced in
|| v349 of Scratch 2.0 (July 18, 2013)
| Removed in
|| v350 of Scratch 2.0 (July 21, 2013)
Color FX Test () was a stack block in the Looks category. It was a test block accidentally left in the editor during the July 18 update. The block did nothing when clicked, due to the fact that the method was removed, but the block was not.
The block was added and removed without notice or mention from the Scratch Team. It now appears as an obsolete block and says "undefined" with a number insert.
Scratch Team member Paddle2See later stated that the block was accidentally left in the editor. The following information supports this:
- The block was placed underneath the reporter blocks of the Looks category, not following the typical pattern.
- "FX" is slang and not an actual word; the Scratch Team would most likely use proper language on an intendedly released block.
- The name of it contains "test", which hints that the Scratch Team was testing out the block for a possible future block.
- The block wasn't listed in the tips menu, which included all of the other Looks blocks.
- The Scratch Team did not mention it in their notes on the update.
- It was a new block in the current version of Scratch, it would most likely start the 2.1 Pre-Alpha rather than being added directly to an existing version (2.0).
- ↑ http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/11524790/#editor
- ↑ http://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/11224/