|Change () Effect by ()|
The Change () Effect by () block is a Looks block and a Stack block. The block changes the specified effect on its sprite by the specified amount. There are seven different effects to choose from: color, fisheye, whirl, pixelate, mosaic, brightness and ghost.
As this block changes an effect, it is used whenever an effect's value must be changed - some common uses are:
- Changing the color of a graffiti can with the color effect
- Using the fisheye effect to make a sprite look like it is in water
- Whirling sprites with the whirl effect
- Pixelating sprites with the pixelate effect
- Creating the illusion of multiple sprites with the mosaic effect
- Creating different brightness levels with the brightness effect
- Making creatures transparent with the ghost effect
- Making a sprite change colour (in the project) with the colour effect
There can be multiple effects on a sprite at once - effects can be combined to produce even more brilliant effects.
- Main article: List of Block Workarounds
If a variable held the strength of the effect, the Change () Effect by () block could be replicated with the following code:
set [wanted v] effect to ((current amount) + (increase))
However, while this is not possible in current versions of Scratch, it is in some Scratch Modifications.
Say () for () Secs • Say () • Think () for () Secs • Think () • Show • Hide • Switch Costume to () • Next Costume • Switch Backdrop to () • Change () Effect by () • Set () Effect to () • Clear Graphic Effects • Change Size by () • Set Size to ()% • Go to Front • Go Back () Layers • Costume # • Backdrop Name • Size
|For the Stage|