Cat and Mouse is a type of game that involves constant pursuit and near captures, and is based on how a cat hunts a mouse in real life. The cat will constantly chase the user's mouse pointer until it has been caught or the game has been stopped.
when green flag clicked go to x: (0) y: (0) repeat until <touching (mouse-pointer v)?> point towards (mouse-pointer v) move (2) steps end
A common method of score tracking is by the amount of time has transpired. This can done using the timer:
when green flag clicked set [score v] to (0) reset timer repeat until <touching (mouse pointer v)?> set [score v] to (timer) end
Another method of score tracking and winning is using a variable timer. Make an empty sprite with two costumes: one blank (costume 1) and one with a "Win" banner (costume 2).
when green flag clicked switch costume to [costume 1 v] set [Time v] to (0) forever wait (1) seconds change [Time v] by (1) if <(Time) > > then broadcast [Win v] stop [all v] end end when i receive [Win v] switch costume to [costume 2 v]
The Mouse addition: (add a mouse sprite)
when green flag clicked set size to [50%] forever go to x: (mouse x) y: (mouse y) point in direction (-45) // Direction you want it to be facing. This is around the direction of most cursors. end
Note: For the Mouse addition, in the main cat sprite, change the "touching" and "point" to "Mouse" instead of "Mouse-Pointer"
Common variations of the Cat and Mouse game are: 
- Adding high scores using ☁ cloud data
- Adding achievements, such as coins or other virtual currencies which can be used to purchase other items in it
- Adding sound effects or banners and text for certain events such as scoring and loss
- Adding obstacles that the cat must maneuver around
- A mouse pointer. Probably a mouse.
- Other characters, such as a dog going after a bone mouse pointer.