(Redirected from Article of the Month)
|This article has links to websites or programs not trusted by Scratch or hosted by Wikipedia. Remember to stay safe while using the internet, as we cannot guarantee the safety of other websites.|
This section mainly focuses on the main about page and gives 4 links to informational pages about Scratch.
- About Scratch: The About Scratch link gives a link to the about page on Scratch, which is a page that gives a lot of the main information about Scratch, such as parent/educator info, an introductory video to Scratch, and more.
- For Parents: The For Parents link gives a link to a page that gives parents information on Scratch, such as answers in an FAQ format to commonly asked questions.
- For Educators: The For Educators link gives a link to a page that contains useful information for educators about Scratch.
- For Developers: The For Developers link is a page that gives information about projects the Scratch Team is involved in, and discusses some principles that guide them.
- Credits: The Credits link gives a link to a page that has all the contributing members to Scratch listed. It also shows the profile picture and names for everyone on the Scratch Team
- Jobs: The Jobs link gives a link to a page where people can find job openings for working with the Scratch Team.
- Press: The Press link gives a link to a page that lists articles that Scratch has been featured in.
This section focuses on the community of the site, such as information that's related to the rules and information about Scratch.
- Community Guidelines:
- Main article: Community Guidelines
The Community Guidelines link gives a link to the Community Guidelines, which are the 5 main rules of Scratch; be respectful, be constructive, share, keep personal info private, and help keep the site friendly.
- Discussion Forums:
- Main article: Scratch Discussion Forums
- Scratch Wiki:
- Main article: Scratch Wiki
The Scratch Wiki link gives a link to the Scratch Wiki, a wiki about all of Scratch that currently contains 2,097 articles. It is what this article is stored on. The footer also appears on the Wiki (although when the Scratch Team updates it on the main site, it does not automatically get updated here, as they are not synchronized. It must be changed manually.)
- Main article: Scratch Statistics
The Statistics link gives a link to the Statistics page in Scratch 2.0, a page which has many statistics about Scratch. The statistics page contains quite a bit of information, and there are detailed facts about the website which are listed on the page.
This section focuses on materials which can give support and help to Scratchers.
- Tips Page:
- Main article: Tips Page
The tips page is a main page that gives a boost on starting off with Scratch. It consists of tutorials and starter projects. At the top is a bar which consists of the header ‘Getting started’ and a link to a getting started with scratch tutorial. Below that it has the header ‘things to try’, followed by a group of cards that each feature a photo of an example of the project tutorial in use, a title of the project, a small description and a link to the tutorial and activity cards. This is followed by a heading below showing a link to a place to get the entire collection of scratch cards. Then it has a link to some starter projects under the heading ‘starter projects’. At the bottom above the footer it has the header ‘Offline Editor’ (which has a description of the Offline Editor and a link to a download page) and the header ‘questions’ which links to the Help With Scripts and Questions About Scratch forums.
- Main article: Scratch FAQ
The FAQ link gives a link to a page that lists frequently asked questions and their answers. These range from general questions to questions about inappropriate content.
- Offline Editor:
- Main article: Scratch 2.0 Offline Editor
The Offline Editor link gives a link to a page on how to download the Offline Editor for Mac, Windows, and some versions of Linux. The page also lists known bugs in the Offline Editor, updates information, and information on other versions of Scratch.
- Contact Us:
- Main article: Contact Us
The Contact Us link gives a link to a page where one can send the Scratch Team a message.This could be reporting a user, bug, glitch, or thanking them!
The Donate link gives us a link to a page where one can donate money to the Scratch Foundation. Options include how much money and if it will be a monthly donation.
This section focuses on documents surrounding governmental info.
- Main article: DMCA
The DMCA link gives us a link to a page about the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and the Lifelong Kindergarten Group. This page included information on what the LLK will do when dealing with copyright and how to contact them.
The section focuses on other Scratch-related sites:
- Main article: ScratchEd
The ScratchEd link gives a link to a website designated for educators on Scratch. The website is an online community that can be used for things like sharing stories, exchanging resources, asking questions, and finding people. There are also many resources and areas to discuss.
- Main article: ScratchJr
The ScratchJr link gives a link to a website for the children Scratch app called ScratchJr. The website provides updates, information, and an area to donate to the app.
- Scratch Day:
- Main article: Scratch Day
The Scratch Day link gives a link to a website featuring information on Scratch Day. The website features tutorials on how to host an event, finding an event, and register/login as a host. The website also provides tips and resources for Scratch Day events.
- Scratch Conference:
The Scratch Conference link gives a link to a page on Scratch providing information on the Scratch Conference. The page also gives information on how to propose a session, the different types of sessions, and registration information.
- Scratch Foundation:
- Main article: Scratch Foundation
The Scratch Foundation link gives a link to the Scratch Foundation website. The Scratch Foundation is what keeps Scratch running and their website talks about the different things they do for Scratch.
April Fools Day
On April Fools Day, the Scratch Team frequently adds joke items to the footer.
In 2018, 'Surprise' was added under Community. Clicking it incremented a counter.
In 2019, 'Cats...?' was added under About. It showed an images of cats along with some fake cat facts.
A similar section to Cats...? appeared in 2020, but was named 'Mystery' and contained questions the cats were 'asking'.