|Warning:||Do not play with this feature. One's account could be permanently deleted if they are aren't entirely sure what they are doing. Deleted accounts cannot be recovered.|
Here are the steps to deleting an account:
|Note:||Users must know their password to be able to delete their account.|
- Tap the dropdown box with your name in it on the top right corner of your device and go to Account Settings.
- Click "I want to delete my account".
- Up to eight of the account's followers, up to five of their projects, the time they've been on Scratch as well as the user's follower count and project count will be shown to confirm a user wants to delete their account.
- Choose to either delete the account and projects, or delete the account but not any projects.
- The account will be placed in a "scheduled for deletion" list. Logging in at any point within 48 hours of the final confirmation will cancel the deletion by removing the account from the list.
- After 48 hours, the account will be permanently deleted and can no longer be logged into. Copying the links and using an alternate project player is the only way to view and run the projects that the user has permanently deleted.
Bans Leading to Account Deletion
- See also: Ban
Bans are normally temporary, but if an account breaks the Community Guidelines repeatedly in the same manner, or the violation was particularly severe, the account may be deleted.