- This article is about abbreviations on the Scratch Forums. For general abbreviations, see Abbreviations on Scratch.
Many non-Scratch specific terminology listed here are widespread across the Internet.
- AAS: All About Scratch forum — Not used much anymore, since that forum was replaced with the Questions About Scratch forums
- ASAP: As Soon As Possible
- AT: Advanced Topics forum, also Art Trade
- AF: April Fools
- AFK: Away From Keyboard
- AFAIK: As Far as I Know
- ATer: Someone who is active in the Advanced Topics forum
- ATM: At The Moment
- AMV: Animated Music Video
- AR: Art Request
- BBCode: Markup language for forums
- BTW: By The Way
- Bump: This is being posted to bring this post to the top of the list.
- BRB: Be Right Back
- BYOB: Build Your Own Blocks. This term isn't used much anymore, as it has been replaced with Snap!
- BaG: Bugs and Glitches forum
- Collab: Abbreviation for Collaboration
- Ceebs/CB: Ceebee (Scratch Team member)
- CC: Coloring Contest, a type of contest in which participants have to color the provided line art
- DTA: Draw to Adopt
- Dupe/Duplicate: If the same topic has been made earlier, used to link to the other topic
- FPS: Frames Per Second, when rendering something with the pen, such as a raycaster
- FYI: For Your Information
- FTW: "For the Win!"; showing that something is very well done.
- FNAF: Five Nights at Freddy's, a horror game that became very controversial, and then eventually limited on Scratch
- FPC: Front page curator
- FPCA: Front page curator application
- F4F: Follow 4 Follow, when two Scratchers request to follow each other
- FAQ: Frequently asked question(s)
- GTG: Got To Go/Gotta go
- HwS: Help with Scripts forum
- IDC: I Don't Care
- IRL: In Real Life
- IDK: I Don't Know
- IKR: I Know, Right
- IMHO: In My Humble/Heart's/Honest Opinion
- IMO: In My Opinion
- IIRC: If I Recall/Remember Correctly
- JK: Just Kidding
- LOL: Laugh/Laughing Out Loud
- TI/MaC: An abbreviation for the Things I'm Making and Creating forum.*
- MAP: Multiple Animator Project
- n00b: Newbie (novice); 'noob', 'newb', and 'nub' are all variations of it. The use of this can be considered offensive, and as such, it should not be used to describe others.
- Ninjaed/Ninja'd: See Outposted
- Necro: Necropost
- [/offtopic]: Get back on topic, the conversation has strayed
- This is meant to resemble closing BBCode: a tag with a slash inside brackets generally means ending some property, in this case, offtopicness.
- Outposted: somebody posted more or less the same thing right before you, usually by only a few seconds, also known as Ninjaed/Ninja'd
- OC: Original character, a character which belongs to a particular user
- Read Project Trends#Animal OC for more information
- OP: Original post/poster
- OMG: Oh My God/Goodness/Gosh
- P2See/P2S/P2C/Paddle: Paddle2See (Scratch Team member)*
- PMV: Picture Music Video, a music video that only uses pictures to tell the story.
- ROFL: Rolling On the Floor Laughing (see also "LOL")
- RPG: Role-playing-game, see TBG
- (Ti)RaP: Abbreviation for the Things I'm Reading and Playing forum.*
- SDS: Scratch Design Studio
- Shop: A forum thread where a Scratcher can get resources on request.
- Sig/Siggy: Short for signature
- ST: Scratch Team
- Speak/SV: Speakvisually (Scratch Team member)
- Sticky: A topic that is placed permanently or semi-permanently at the top of a forum/category.
- Support: see "+1"
- SaT: Show and Tell forum
- TBD: To Be Determined/Decided
- TBC: To Be Continued
- TBH: To Be Honest
- TBG: Text-Based-Games, Text-Based Games Forum
- TTYL: Talk To You Later
- TIRAP: Things I'm Reading and Playing Forum
- TIMAC: Things I'm Making and Creating Forum
- VAR: Voice Acting Request, to request something from a Scratcher. Can I have a VAR from you?
- VAO: Voice Acting Order; usually used in project names. VAO for username.
- WIP: Work in progress, draft
- @Username: the following text is directed towards the specified user, e.g. "@Username: That's a good point!"
- +1: I agree, usually used in the Suggestions forum.
- -1: I disagree, opposite of +1.