(Redirected from Abbreviations in Scratch)
Many Scratchers use abbreviations for their projects instead instead of typing the whole word or phrase. Doing this is easier than typing the whole thing. Below is a list of some common abbreviations used on the Scratch Website.
- AC: Art Contest; (An art competition in which multiple Scratchers create art for a chance to win the art contest).
- ACC: Account; (a user's account).
- AMV: Animated Music Video; (it is when a Scratcher creates a animation to go with a song, like a Music Video on YouTube).
- AR: Art Request; (when a Scratcher asks another Scratcher to draw them art).
- Art Trade (when one trades art with another Scratcher if the person agrees).
- It also stands for the Advanced Topics forum.
- BaG: Bugs and Glitches; (the discussion forum titled 'Bugs and Glitches').
- BRB: Be right back; (used when a Scratcher has to leave for a short amount of time).
- BTW: By the way; used to introduce a topic that is unrelated to the current topic being discussed.
- Coloring Contest; (it is when a Scratcher makes a project with line-art in it, then Scratchers remix the project and color the line-art in. They compete against each other to make the best drawing).
- It also stands for Creative Commons, (the organization that constructs the licence under which most of Scratch's user-generated content is governed).
- CCE: Coloring Contest Entry; (an entry for a coloring contest).
- DMC: Draw My Character; (an art contest in which the host provides Scratchers with a character that they have drawn. Participants have to draw that character).
- DMCE: Draw My Character Entry; (an entry for a DMC contest).
- DTIYS: Draw This In Your Style; (an art contest, similar to a DMC, where the host draws a picture and participants have to draw it in their style).
- DTIYSE: Draw This In Your Style Entry; (an entry for a DTIYS contest).
- F4F: Follow for Follow; i(t is when a Scratcher ask to follow someone, in return a follow from them. Most scratchers disapprove of this practice).
- FOR: Follow on request; when a user asks someone to follow him/her.
- FPC: Front Page Curator; (someone who puts projects on the front page for a week).
- FPCA: Front Page Curator Application; an application to be an FPC. Once the application has been shared, the Scratcher must add it to the Front Page Curator Applications studio.
- FPCAH: Front Page Curator Application Help; (the studio in which Scratchers applying to be FPC can get help with making their application better).
- GTG: Got to go; (used when a Scratcher has got to leave for any reason).
- IRL: In real life; (as in not on the internet or on Scratch).
- LTL: Lyrics Taken Literally; (when a Scratcher creates a project with backdrops/sprites showing what music lyrics look like literally).
- MAP: Multiple Animator Project;( they are collaborative projects by many Scratchers that each contribute a brief animation to the project).
- MNP: (Multi Noteblocker Project; a collaborative project utilizing the Music extension by more than one Scratcher who each contribute a section of musical code to a finished product).
- Original Character; a character that one has created for the first time that they can use for various things in projects.
- Also stands for Outro Contest, a contest in which participants enter outros.
- PFP: Profile Picture
- PMV: Picture Music Video; an AMV but with only art and minimal animation.
- QaS: Questions about Scratch; the discussion forum titled 'Questions about Scratch'.
- QnA: Questions and Answers; Scratchers ask questions about the host and the host answers some of those questions.
- SDS: Scratch Design Studio; a studio that has a different theme every so often.
- ST: Scratch Team; the group of people who run and moderate the website.
- SWC: Scratch Welcoming Committee; a studio in which New Scratchers can introduce themselves and get to know Scratch.
- TIMAC: Things I'm Making and Creating; the discussion forum titled 'Things I'm Making and Creating'
- TIRAP: Things I'm Reading and Playing; the discussion forum titled 'Things I'm Reading and Creating
- VAO: Voice Acting Order; when one asks for someone to voice act for their project. People can order stuff from shops on the Requests Forum and ask for VAOs.
- Voice Acting Request; similar to VAO.
- Smaller version of variables.
- WIP: Work in Progress, also known as a draft; it is used when a Scratcher creates a project and shares it without it being completely done.
- WIWO: What I'm Working On; a common abbreviation used by Scratchers in the What I'm Working On section of their profile.
- Multiple Animator Project
- Music Projects
- Scratch Team
- Front Page Curator
- Scratch Design Studio
- Scratch Welcoming Committee
- Forum Terminology