(Redirected from Abbreviations in Scratch)
|It has been suggested that this page's contents be merged with the page Forum Terminology. You can discuss this on the page's talk page. (November 2017)|
Abbreviations in Scratch
Some Scratchers use abbreviations for their projects instead instead of typing the whole phrase.
What is an Abbreviation?
An abbreviation is a shortened form of a word or phrase.
List of Abbreviations
Below is a list of some common abbreviations used on the Scratch Website.
- AMV: Animated Music Video; it is when a scratcher creates a animation to go with a song, like a Music Video on YouTube.
- Art Trade (when one trades art with another Scratcher if the person agrees).
- It also stands for the Advanced Topics forum.
- Coloring Contest; it is when a Scratcher makes a project with line-art in it, then Scratchers remix the project and color the line-art in. They compete against each other to make the best drawing.
- It also stands for Creative Commons, the organization that constructs the licence under which most of Scratch's user-generated content is governed.
- F4F: Follow for Follow; it is when a Scratcher ask to follow someone, in return a follow from them. Most scratchers disapprove of this practice.
- FPC: Front Page Curator; someone who puts projects on the front page for a week
- IRL: In real life; as in not on the internet or on Scratch.
- LTL: Lyrics Taken Literally; when a Scratcher creates a project with backdrops/sprites showing what music lyrics look like literally.
- MAP: Multiple Animator Project; they are collaborative projects by many Scratchers that each
contribute a brief animation to the project.
- OC: Original Character; a character that one has created for the first time that they can use for various things in projects.
- PMV: Picture Music Video; it is a type of MAP.
- VAO: Voice Acting Order; when one asks for someone to voice act for their project. People can order stuff from shops on the Requests Forum and ask for VAOs.
- Voice Acting Request; similar to VAO.
- Smaller version of variables.
- WIP: Work in Progress, also known as a draft; it is used when a Scratcher creates a project and shares it without it being completely done. A project can be marked as a WIP by checking the "Draft" Box.