(Redirected from 3.0)
|Please expand this article or section. You can help by talk page. (February 2020)if you are an editor. More information might be found in a section of the|
|Release Date||January 2, 2019|
- Many blocks are in a different order
- Events Blocks are the color of the Scratch 2.0 Control Blocks, and control blocks are a bit lighter than the old events blocks.
- The blocks have been enlarged slightly for mobile users.
- More Blocks has been renamed My Blocks, and is a shade of light red.
- Some default inputs have been changed.
- Music blocks, Video Sensing blocks, and pen blocks have been moved to extensions.
- New extensions: Text to Speech, Translate, Micro:bit, and Lego Mindstorms EV3.
Click on a block to learn more about it!
go to [front v] layer
go [forward v] (1) layers
(costume [number v])
(backdrop [number v])
change [pitch v] effect by (10)::sound
set [pitch v] effect to (100)::sound
clear sound effects
set drag mode [draggable v]
<() contains ()?::operators
delete (1) of [list v]
delete all of [list v]
(item # of () in [list v])
For extension blocks, please go to the extension pages.
- New Paint Editor and Sound Editor
- Projects can now be created on tablets and played on both tablets and phones
- Several extra options for the “touching ()?” boolean, including “any edge”, “mouse-position”, and “left edge”
- Different fonts: Sans Serif (thin Helvetica), Serif (Times), Handwriting, Marker, Curly, Pixel, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean
- The vector paint editor is now the default editor
- Internet Explorer, Opera, and other non-modern browsers are no longer supported
- PicoBoard and LEGO WeDo 1.0 are no longer supported
- Text to Speech
On January 9, 2019, the Scratch Team released new updates for Scratch 3.0, fixing many bugs Scratchers had reported. They included projects getting stuck on the loading screen, and the love and favorites not showing up. This announcement was shown on the Front Page.
In early-mid January 2019, the front page banner was changed from "The new Scratch is here!" to "Create stories, games, and animations" and "Share with others around the world". Below the banner, there are two buttons: "Start Creating", leading to the project editor, and "Join", leading to a page to create a Scratch account. There was also a video demonstrating what you can create with Scratch.
On August 1, updates to the sound editor were released. It made improvements to the sound editor, including the option to select portions of the sound, copying and pasting, all kinds of sound effects like 'echo' and 'robot', and keyboard shortcuts to the editor.
On May 18, more updates were made to the Paint Editor. It included a feature made to were you are now able to zoom out beyond the canvas and more of the Paint Editor can now be seen on different browser sizes.
Many people were dissapointed by Scratch 3.0's lack of new features and blocks, and also its new interface. It gradually[when?] died down and people began saying phrases like "Trust The ST!" and made studios supporting Scratch 3.0.
Some people were quitting Scratch because they thought Scratch looked too childish or they didn't like the changes to Scratch and bugs on Scratch 3.0.
A design chart for the Move () steps block.
An old design chart for some horizontal blocks. There aren't any in the released version at https://llk.github.io/scratch-gui/
The comments for blocks.
- Development of Scratch 3.0
- topic:331439 "We want to thank you all for the great feedback you’ve been giving us about Scratch 3.0! We’ve been busy reading what you have to say about it and wanted to update you about some of the work we’re doing in response to this. We designed Scratch 3.0 to be easier to build on than Scratch 2.0 was, so while Scratch 2.0 didn’t change very much, you will see Scratch 3.0 grow over time with new features and extensions."
- topic:348127 "We wanted to give you an update on some of the things we’ve been working on since our last post."
- topic:365737 "One thing we heard a lot of feedback on has been the Scratch sound editor and today we are excited to share an updated version!"
Development • Scratch 3.0