(Redirected from 1.3)
|This article or section documents something not included in the current version of Scratch (3.0). It is only useful from a historical perspective.|
|This article or section needs additional citations for verification. Its information may not be accurate. Editors can help by adding references. (June 2018)|
|This article is a stub. It may be incomplete, unfinished, or have missing parts/sections. If the article can be expanded, please do so! There may be suggestions on its talk page. (January 2021)|
|Release Date||1.3 — 9/2/2008|
1.3.1 — 11/21/2008
Source code: 1.3.1
Scratch 1.3 did not have many new features. Some of the ones it did have were significant, however.
- Sensing: In the initial version of 1.3, there was a block, note, which reported the MIDI note from the microphone. It was removed in 1.3.1, likely due to being buggy.
- Variables: Variables could be set to strings. The variable reporter was moved to the top of the list. Show and hide blocks were added. Variables were chosen from a dropdown; separate instances were only created for the reporter block.
- Lists: Lists were added to Scratch in 1.3. The only list block in 1.4 but not in 1.3 was () contains ().
- C Blocks: C blocks (with the exception of if/else, because it has two mouths) now wrapped around the blocks beneath them.
- Comments: Comments were added in their modern form.
- Font changed to Verdana
- Does not show costume count in thumbnail
- Export button removed
- Draggable sprite icon moved next to sprite name
- Sleeker file selector dialog
- The Scratch logo is slightly larger
Scratch 1.3.1 was released on November 21, 2008. It had updates to translations. The note block was also removed in this version due to functionality difficulties.