(Redirected from (Mouse Y))
- This article is about the block. For more information on the value this block reports, see Mouse Y (value).
As this block helps report where the mouse-pointer currently is, it is useful in sensing things with the mouse.
A common use for the Mouse Y block is making a virtual slider.
when I receive [set price v] repeat until <not (mouse down?)> if <(mouse y) > (100)> then set y to (100) else if <(mouse y) < (0)> then set y to (0) else set y to (mouse y) end end set [price v] to (mouse y) end
- With the Mouse X block, giving the mouse's location
say (join (join (join (join [The mouse is positioned at (] (mouse x))[,])(mouse y))[).])
- Making a grid which objects snap to
set x to ((round ((mouse x) / (20)))*(20))
when gf clicked forever if (mouse down?) then if <<(mouse x) > (50)> and <(mouse x) < (100)>> then if <<(mouse y) > (50)> and <(mouse y) < (100)>> then broadcast [Button clicked! v] end end end
- Adding animations to the mouse
forever go to [mouse pointer v] change [color v] effect by (2)
- Main article: List of Block Workarounds
This block can be replicated with the following code:
|Note:||This requires a sprite dedicated to finding the Y position of the mouse.|
forever go to [mouse-pointer v] set [Mouse Y v] to (y position)