(Redirected from () Sensor Value)
|This article or section documents something not included in the current version of Scratch (3.0). It is only useful from a historical perspective.|
|() Sensor Value|
([slider v] sensor value :: extension)
The () Sensor Value block was a Sensing block and a Reporter block. The block reports various values on a PicoBoard, a LEGO Education WeDo Robotics Kit and Mesh. It was removed in Scratch 3.0, along with the rest of the PicoBoard Blocks.
The values for PicoBoards are:
- Resistance on its ports (A, B, C, and D)
The values for LEGO Education WeDo Robotics Kits are:
- Its tilt
- Its distance
The values for Mesh:
- Any global variables from other projects
Remote Sensor Connections
- Lets you enable and disable Remote sensor connections
This block can only be used with a PicoBoard, a LEGO Education WeDo Robotics Kit or Mesh.
As this block lets the project communicate with the outside world, it can be used to operate projects without using the keyboard and mouse; instead, the slider can be moved, noises made, etc.
Some common uses for the () Sensor Value block:
- Controlling a project
- Letting the Scratcher physically interact with the project
- Offering a different type of way to operate a project
- Getting the value of another program's variable in Mesh