Welcome to my talk page
I am thrilled that you have found my talk page, and want to talk with me! feel free to leave a comment.
Feel free to leave a comment, saying any tips, helping me in anyway, and maybe even to say a Hello!
So i will be thrilled to see your comment, i will try reply to everyone!
Want to go back to my profile? be sure to go back to here: 
- 1 Hello
- 2 Anyway
- 3 Redirects
- 4 Hello!
- 5 I just hate to be a grammar freak, but also a late welcome
- 6 Please remember to sign your posts
- 7 You asked how to become more active
- 8 About depersonalizing articles
- 9 Thanks for being so active on the wiki!
- 10 Please remember to sign your posts
- 11 Please don't update the curator announcements
- 12 Help Please!
- 13 Please use internal links to pages properly
- 14 Congratulations on being curator!
- 15 I'm FPC!
- 16 A note about your userpage...
- 17 About de-personifying articles (again)
- 18 Hello.
Hello!, thanks for accepting me as a wiki editor. I may need help, I'm still quite new!. I won't be editing pages until I know I'm not messing up!, But that's why we have rubbers! XD,
Purplewolves (talk | contribs) 04:53, 29 September 2017 (UTC)
Welcome to my talk!, be sure to comment here if you have anything to say to me!, everything is welcome!
Even though they aren't exactly pages, they redirect to a page. For example, if someone wanted to find a page about the What the Community is Remixing row and searched Top Remixed, they would get redirected to the What the Community is Remixing Wiki page. There's a help page about redirects.
Ziggy741 (talk | contribs) 15:51, 25 February 2017 (UTC)
I just hate to be a grammar freak, but also a late welcome
Welcome to the wiki! I'm Banana439monkey. I'm just a grammar freak, so therefore I go crazy over incorrect grammar. Anyway, if you want to, I made some edits to your userpage, however haven't saved them. I'll leave that to you. Anyway, here's the correct version.
<center><div style="color:#0c9ce4; text-align:center; border: 10px solid #0c9ce4; width: 90%; height:auto; padding:10px; border-radius:50px; moz-border-radius: 50px; webkit-border-radius: 50px">
<span style="font-size: 30px">'''purplewolves'''</span> <br>
<s>Don't edit my page!</s>
== Hello ==
'''Hello, and welcome to my wiki profile, feel free to talk with me on my talk page. If I do not reply to your comment, I will have seen it (I probably will reply)! '''
== About my thoughts on being a wiki editor ==
* Right now I really need an idea for a page that I could create.
** That hasn't been made before.
** And follows the teaching topic.
== About me ==
* I have been rejected once before when I was applying for wiki editor.
** The time I was rejected was because 'I included information about myself on the main scratch site
* My passion is moderators, no-one I have ever met has questioned it, and people who do not question it, you get a thumbs up from me
** My favourite animal is a wolf, I love them because they're so misunderstood
* I am a writer, I love fantasy and loads more. I'm actually 2 years better them my age
** I am probably one of the youngest wiki editors, let's just say I'm still at primary
** I'm a big extrovert. My reaction to not getting what I want is to cry, (BTW, I did not cry when I get rejected from applications)
* But when I get accepted, I scream like the big/little girl I am. ---- == The weird side of me on scratch == * It has to be that I will only pick a thumbnail that fits all studios curator tabs, that's probably the weirdest thing about me.
* I make one of my studios have a wiki. XD
== My status == Right now I am really happy, I am editing my profile section, and I am a scratch wiki editor. Now, that's a great status for today, isn't it!
== Please read this ==
My profile rules<br/>
YOU MUST READ THESE BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ON MY PROFILE,
* Do not edit my profile. <br/> ** Do edit my profile if I have given you my rare permission
* Every scratch rule, and scratch wiki rule apply on all my pages.
** Use kind langua
* You may edit my profile (don't change anything) If you want to see any scripting you may copy it, onto your pages. I do not bite.
Please remember to sign your posts
WikiMonitor (talk | contribs) 06:20, 15 March 2017 (UTC)
- Oops! sorry about that!
You asked how to become more active
As the most active user on the Wiki, my advice is:
- As bigpuppy said, just keep pressing "random page" until you find one you can edit.
- Go around de-second-personifying articles! Many articles currently use second person (you, your, you're, yours, etc), which is disallowed for all but tutorial articles. If you could reword sentences so that they don't use second person, that would be great! (talk pages notwithstanding.)
- Stalk the recent changes. Check it day in, day out. Chime in on discussions you see happening. Watch the Community Portal especially.
- Finally, just contribute as much as possible!
That should help you stay active :)
kenny2scratch 01:22, 24 September 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks so much! I'll try! :D
- No problem!
kenny2scratch 03:41, 24 September 2017 (UTC)
- No problem!
About depersonalizing articles
I noticed you like using "one" and "the user" the most - that's all well and good, but you're not doing it exactly right.
If it is questionable, you should probably not use it.
Here, you changed it to:
If it is questionable, The user should probably not use it.
This is a good start - but it's a little bit wrong. Which user is being specified here? So instead, you can use passive voice:
If it is questionable, it probably should not be used.
Here, I changed it so that no person is specified - there is no subject in the sentence. This way, it clears everything up.
So if you come across a sentence with second (or first) person in it, the order of resolution should be:
- Change it to passive voice ("you should do this" -> "this should be done")
- If that doesn't work, use generalities, i.e. "one" or "Scratchers" or "users" (but not "the user") ("you should do this" -> "one should do this")
- If that doesn't work, use the imperative ("you should do this" -> "do this")
That should help you with your work. Thanks!
Oh, and FYI, FAQ articles don't need to be depersonalized - they're supposed to be direct answers. It's fine to depersonalize the part outside the gray box, though.
(by the way, I replied to you on my talk) (also keep up the good work)
kenny2scratch 07:45, 28 September 2017 (UTC)
- Yep! I knew I was doing something wrong, xD thanks!
Purplewolves (talk | contribs) 04:55, 29 September 2017 (UTC)
Thanks for being so active on the wiki!
- Your welcome! I'm going to try running for EW in the next election! ;) And, plus, I want to be active xD
Purplewolves (talk | contribs) 03:08, 29 September 2017 (UTC)
Please remember to sign your posts
WikiMonitor (talk | contribs) 22:00, 30 September 2017 (UTC)
- Opps! I'll fix that xD
Purplewolves (talk | contribs) 22:14, 30 September 2017 (UTC)
Please don't update the curator announcements
WikiMonitor does it. As you saw, just then, if a user manually does it, it throws off WM's automatic Curator announcements. In future, please leave it to WM, thanks!
Drunken_Sailor (talk | contribs) 22:33, 2 October 2017 (UTC)
- So sorry! It's just in previous weeks, I saw users do it. So yea, xD
Purplewolves (talk | contribs) 23:40, 2 October 2017 (UTC)
- Actually, there's two ways. But the easiest way is by this: https://wiki.scratch.mit.edu/wiki/Special:Editcount/Bob1171 As you'll see I have already set up for you. You can also see your post count by going to your contributions and counting all the bullet points.
Purplewolves (talk | contribs) 21:41, 3 October 2017 (UTC)
When linking to a page on the Wiki, it's waaay better to use internal links.
These two produce the same thing:
https://wiki.scratch.mit.edu/wiki/Scratch_Wiki_Home [[Scratch Wiki Home]]
They both link to the same page. However, the second one is a) a lot cleaner and prettier, and b) helps the software track links.
So try to use [[Page title]] instead of https://wiki.scratch.mit.edu/wiki/Page_title.
kenny2scratch 05:20, 4 October 2017 (UTC)
Congratulations on being curator!
Wow, I didn't know your application was accepted; in fact, I didn't know you applied! Congratulations!
kenny2scratch 02:15, 10 October 2017 (UTC)
A note about your userpage...
" if you want to here more about this obsession go onto my..." should be " if you want to hear more about this obsession go onto my..."
-Vuton- (Talk 💬 | Contribs 💾 | Pages 📚) 16:38, 24 October 2017 (UTC)
- Oh! You're right, I missed that, thanks!
Purplewolves (talk | contribs) 18:59, 24 October 2017 (UTC)
About de-personifying articles (again)
Just a quick note: I recommend that you try to use passive voice before anything else, e.g. "You can do whatever you want" → "Anything can be done" and "You must do this" → "This must be done". Thanks!
kenny2scratch 00:43, 1 November 2017 (UTC)