Ooh! A new message from Groko13!
Welcome to my talk page!
Feel free to leave a message here about anything — it could be an edit (or mistake) I made, something you want to bring to my attention, a question, or a greeting.
As a little note
Before posting, there are several things I need you to know
- If I left a message on your talk page, feel free to respond there or here, but stay consistent — don't respond here then continue the discussion there.
- Unless you ask me to do otherwise, if you talk to me here I will reply to you here.
- All guidelines (Community and Scratch Wiki) still apply here — please follow them.
- If you leave me a disrespectful message, do not expect a response and expect to see your message deleted.
- If I made a mistake, of any kind whatsoever (assume good faith), please post your view calmly and collectedly.
- Think about your post before posting.
- I welcome all questions — Wiki-/Scratch-related questions and personal/offtopic questions are equally welcome here.
- When referring to me, please make sure the name you use matches this regex: https://regex101.com/r/QSyeGl/3 - examples of OK and NOT OK names are shown in the "insert test string" box. If you're unsure, just use one of the "OK" examples.
- For reference, revision 238512 was done by Groko13 on 09/12/2019
Hello Ken, just wondering about the testwiki, i have requested an account, and am wondering if i get accepted what does it take to get sysop rights? or is that something that takes a while, correct me if i am being annoying, kind regards,
JJBullet (Talk ★ Contributions ★ 918 edits) 12:03, 11 November 2019 (UTC)
- You're way ahead of yourself - at least according to your account request, you speak no languages other than English, and that's one of the crucial parts of editing an other language wiki. Becoming sysop (at least in my case), in particular on the test wiki, takes a general knack of international culture, and ideally a strong intuitive familiarity with MediaWiki.
- Thanks for reminding me about the test wiki, though - I haven't checked it recently because I've been flattened by schoolwork. I appreciate your willingness to help, but at the moment it would seem you don't have the skills we're looking for (which, of course, is not to say that you can't acquire them!).
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 13:51, 11 November 2019 (UTC)
- Ok Ken, understood, i will try to learn the necessary skills
JJBullet (Talk ★ Contributions ★ 918 edits) 14:41, 11 November 2019 (UTC)
When to archive
Is there a certain size you would recommend archiving my page at? Or a certain amount of posts?
Dominic305 Talk Contribs (1,577) Scratch Directory 15:51, 11 November 2019 (UTC)
- No, just archive whenever you feel like it. I personally go with 20 topics, but KrIsMa goes with 100 and you apparently go with 15 KB. You do you.
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 16:47, 11 November 2019 (UTC)
HI THERE! LONG TIME NO SEE (on wiki)
一点儿 (BTW, i think), how did you figure out your milestones?
12944qwerty Talk Contribs Scratch 00:32, 13 November 2019 (UTC)
- (一点儿, or 一點兒 in traditional, means "a little" - "by the way" is 順便說說, or 顺便说说 in simplified.)
- I just keep track of them as they come up - Special:Editcount/Kenny2scratch lists individual edit counts for each namespace. Additionally, when I actually pass a milestone I don't usually hit it spot on, so I count back in my contribs to find the edit that actually pushed me over.
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 01:35, 13 November 2019 (UTC)
- (My teacher told me that 一点儿 means "by the way" and "a little". Also, why does it have "说说" at the end of what you were taught. (Double "speak").)
- (It looks like you do know simplified.....")
- Oh, dang! I have to to count back 250+ edits then!!
12944qwerty Talk Contribs Scratch 03:41, 13 November 2019 (UTC)
- Ooh, there should be something in MediaWiki for this then....
12944qwerty Talk Contribs Scratch 03:43, 13 November 2019 (UTC)
- Your teacher is mistaken, or they come from a part of China that has really weird customs. 一點兒 always means "a little" or "a little bit". 说说 is a shortening of 说一说, literally "say a say" but roughly meaning "mention".
- I don't know simplified - I used Google Translate from Chinese to traditional Chinese.
- Contributions are paginated, remember? "show at most n contributions" - choose 250, then go one page into "older 250" and count [your edit count] - 250 - [the milestone] edits down.
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 03:46, 13 November 2019 (UTC)
- Oof, I did think that 一点儿 did mean "by the way". Now I remember that 对了 means "BTW". Oops.
- It's 280+. Too much to count. Maybe I'll make a scraper to do it for me..
12944qwerty Talk Contribs Scratch 22:34, 20 November 2019 (UTC)
Hey, I have a question
I see you added a warning area that tells all users they need to switch to ScratchWikiSkin temporarily if they're in the Vector one. I also want this, because my userpage in Vector is not so good looking as in ScratchWikiSkin. Could you please teach me how to do this? Thanks!
Nambaseking01 (talk | contribs) 19:58, 14 November 2019 (UTC)
- You could copy it directly from my userpage content, giving credit in an HTML comment.
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 10:54, 15 November 2019 (UTC)
- Okay, thanks! Just so you know though, I normally don't put my credits in comments - I put them all in bulk in a "Credits" section.
Nambaseking01 (talk | contribs) 10:06, 16 November 2019 (UTC)
Question about the block log
I was scrolling through Recent Changes and I noticed that you blocked a user and then edited the logs so that it didn't show their name, block reason, etc. I get why you censored that info for privacy, but what I don't understand is what's the purpose of having a block log if all it shows is (removed). If you didn't want the info to display publicly, wouldn't it make more sense to make the page only viewable by bureaucrats and actually display the log information or simply delete the log page?
54329 (talk | contribs) 06:57, 20 November 2019 (UTC)
- What you're talking about is an impossibility. We have no way (besides modding MediaWiki core) of hiding block logs automatically, so we simply manually hide all block logs as soon as creating them.
- (We do already have a monkeypatch to hide the Special:BlockList, but hiding particular types of logs, especially when they show up in other feeds, is impossible.)
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 07:51, 20 November 2019 (UTC)
Sorry to but in, Special:BlockList Doesnt exist, isnt it Blocks ?? my god, im sorry, ignore this
JJBullet (Talk ★ Contributions ★ 918 edits) 10:23, 20 November 2019 (UTC)
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 11:13, 20 November 2019 (UTC)
- Why are blocks censored?
Dominic305 Talk Contribs (1,577) Scratch Directory 12:38, 20 November 2019 (UTC)
- We do not publicize blocks, because they only attract negative attention to the blocked users, so we protect their privacy in all ways possible so that anyone who has no need to know only knows that someone was blocked, not who was blocked or who blocked them.
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 12:55, 20 November 2019 (UTC)
- Oh, so there's just no way to remove that page and you do have a special log just for bureaucrats. Okie dokie, that answers my question.
54329 (talk | contribs) 16:26, 20 November 2019 (UTC)
I cant think how to change it so it works here,
JJBullet (Talk ★ Contributions ★ 918 edits) 14:21, 20 November 2019 (UTC)
On page User:Dominic305/public/Hyperdrive OS Stat Graph can you please undelete it and as soon as you do remove the edits from the revision log that intrude on my privacy (you will know when you see them). Thanks
Dominic305 Talk Contribs (1,577) Scratch Directory 17:21, 20 November 2019 (UTC)
Dominic305 Talk Contribs (1,577) Scratch Directory 17:21, 20 November 2019 (UTC)
Can you can the Scratch Wiki:Become a contributor#How to Write Your Request link to Scratch Wiki:Become a contributor#What to Write in the "Request Notes"? The "How to Write Your Request" title was changed.
Jakel181 (talk | contribs) 17:55, 4 December 2019 (UTC)
- please don't use the .22 stuff in links! Done
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 05:28, 5 December 2019 (UTC)
- Thank you! Whoops fixed!
Jakel181 (talk | contribs) 17:59, 5 December 2019 (UTC)
Groko13 (talk | contribs) 12:26, 9 December 2019 (UTC)
- My bot won't reupload if the difference in size after compressing is <10% of the previous size; 10% of 48 KB is 4.8 KB, and a 5 KB difference is large enough to make it count. In the future, if you have compressed it, include the word "compress" (or any grammatically correct form of the word lol) somewhere in the upload message - it'll skip those.
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 13:08, 9 December 2019 (UTC)
- Okay, thanks
Groko13 (talk | contribs) 13:27, 9 December 2019 (UTC)