Ooh! A new message from 12944qwerty!
Welcome to my talk page!
Feel free to leave a message here about anything — it could be an edit (or mistake) I made, something you want to bring to my attention, a question, or a greeting.
As a little note
Before posting, there are several things I need you to know
- If I left a message on your talk page, feel free to respond there or here, but stay consistent — don't respond here then continue the discussion there.
- Unless you ask me to do otherwise, if you talk to me here I will reply to you here.
- All guidelines (Community and Scratch Wiki) still apply here — please follow them.
- If you leave me a disrespectful message, do not expect a response and expect to see your message deleted.
- If I made a mistake, of any kind whatsoever (assume good faith), please post your view calmly and collectedly.
- Think about your post before posting.
- I welcome all questions — Wiki-/Scratch-related questions and personal/offtopic questions are equally welcome here.
- When referring to me, please make sure the name you use matches this regex: https://regex101.com/r/QSyeGl/3 - examples of OK and NOT OK names are shown in the "insert test string" box. If you're unsure, just use one of the "OK" examples.
- For reference, revision 236945 was done by 12944qwerty on 13/11/2019
Hello Ken, just wondering about the testwiki, i have requested an account, and am wondering if i get accepted what does it take to get sysop rights? or is that something that takes a while, correct me if i am being annoying, kind regards,
JJBullet (Talk ★ Contributions ★ 913 edits) 12:03, 11 November 2019 (UTC)
- You're way ahead of yourself - at least according to your account request, you speak no languages other than English, and that's one of the crucial parts of editing an other language wiki. Becoming sysop (at least in my case), in particular on the test wiki, takes a general knack of international culture, and ideally a strong intuitive familiarity with MediaWiki.
- Thanks for reminding me about the test wiki, though - I haven't checked it recently because I've been flattened by schoolwork. I appreciate your willingness to help, but at the moment it would seem you don't have the skills we're looking for (which, of course, is not to say that you can't acquire them!).
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 13:51, 11 November 2019 (UTC)
- Ok Ken, understood, i will try to learn the necessary skills
JJBullet (Talk ★ Contributions ★ 913 edits) 14:41, 11 November 2019 (UTC)
When to archive
Is there a certain size you would recommend archiving my page at? Or a certain amount of posts?
---- Dominic305 Talk Contribs (1,509) Scratch Directory 15:51, 11 November 2019 (UTC)
- No, just archive whenever you feel like it. I personally go with 20 topics, but KrIsMa goes with 100 and you apparently go with 15 KB. You do you.
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 16:47, 11 November 2019 (UTC)
HI THERE! LONG TIME NO SEE (on wiki)
一点儿 (BTW, i think), how did you figure out your milestones?
12944qwerty Talk Contribs Scratch 00:32, 13 November 2019 (UTC)
- (一点儿, or 一點兒 in traditional, means "a little" - "by the way" is 順便說說, or 顺便说说 in simplified.)
- I just keep track of them as they come up - Special:Editcount/Kenny2scratch lists individual edit counts for each namespace. Additionally, when I actually pass a milestone I don't usually hit it spot on, so I count back in my contribs to find the edit that actually pushed me over.
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 01:35, 13 November 2019 (UTC)
- (My teacher told me that 一点儿 means "by the way" and "a little". Also, why does it have "说说" at the end of what you were taught. (Double "speak").)
- (It looks like you do know simplified.....")
- Oh, dang! I have to to count back 250+ edits then!!
12944qwerty Talk Contribs Scratch 03:41, 13 November 2019 (UTC)