Welcome to my talk page!
Feel free to leave a message here about anything — it could be an edit (or mistake) I made, something you want to bring to my attention, a question, or a greeting.
As a little note
Before posting, there are several things I need you to know
- If I left a message on your talk page, feel free to respond there or here, but stay consistent — don't respond here then continue the discussion there.
- Unless you ask me to do otherwise, if you talk to me here I will reply to you here.
- All guidelines (Community and Scratch Wiki) still apply here — please follow them.
- If you leave me a disrespectful message, do not expect a response and expect to see your message deleted.
- If I made a mistake, of any kind whatsoever (assume good faith), please post your view calmly and collectedly.
- Think about your post before posting.
- I welcome all questions — Wiki-/Scratch-related questions and personal/offtopic questions are equally welcome here.
- When referring to me, please make sure the name you use matches this regex: https://regex101.com/r/QSyeGl/3 - examples of OK and NOT OK names are shown in the "insert test string" box. If you're unsure, just use one of the "OK" examples.
- For reference, revision 231786 was done by Kenny2scratch on 17/07/2019
Creating A Professional-Looking User Page
I was looking at your user page, and I thought it looked very professional. I was wondering if you could give me any tips or suggestions about how to organize my user page, or if you could let me know another place where I can find that information. I'm also curious about how to sign my username. I tried using the "Sign your username" wiki markup code, but I couldn't figure out how to use it.
I'm editing this message to ask another question. I'm really new to the Scratch Wiki (As you probably know) and I saw that there was a bullet point on your talk page that said: "For reference, revision 231783 was done by AdeptMind on 17/07/2019" I'm worried I accidentally edited your page. If you could let me know how this works, and if I'm doing it right, that would be great! Thanks, and sorry for all of the questions!
- Hi! Did you read the Welcome tutorial? One of the things it covers is how to use talk pages properly. In advance, though, you sign your name with four tildas (four of these: ~) at the end of the last line of your message.
- I built up my userpage over months and eventually years. Under the surface, it's actually a hideous mess of styling and failed experiments (though I have attempted to refactor it before). I encourage you to learn some stuff about HTML, then try to recreate (or approximate, I wouldn't recommend going for a complete or accurate reformation) my userpage without looking at the source code; once you have done that, you can start thinking about how you want your page to look at a higher level without having to worry about the execution of the concept. TL, DR: Learn about HTML and figure things out - it's your page and I can't tell you how to make it.
- The "revision NUM was done by NAME on DD/MM/YYYY" is just something I have in there for fun - it uses the magic words REVISIONID, REVISIONUSER, REVISIONDAY, REVISIONMONTH, and REVISIONYEAR, all of which you can look up in the linked page. Also, talk pages are meant to be edited by others - it is only userpages where you are not allowed to edit others'.
kenny2scratch Talk Contribs Directory 22:40, 17 July 2019 (UTC)