All sprites have a particular position on the stage. No sprites can move behind the stage — the stage is always at the back layer.
Differences from Sprites
There are many differences between the stage and sprites. These include the following:
- Is stationary — thus,
- Cannot talk — thus
- Has no "say" or "think" blocks in the Looks category
- Has backdrops instead of costumes
- Cannot be cloned
- Cannot be renamed
- Does not have the Show or Hide blocks in the Looks category
- Cannot change layers — it is always at the very back layer.
- Is always 480×360
- Space in backdrops left transparent becomes white automatically in bitmap
The stage can be 3 different sizes:
- Normal mode; the stage is 480×360 pixels
- Small Stage Layout
- Main article: Small Stage Layout
- The stage is half the size with a resolution of 240×180 pixels; this is useful for having more room in the scripts area.
- Full-screen mode
- Main article: Full Screen
- Fits the player to one's web browser's current resolution