- This article is about the Looks Block. For the sound block, see Set () Effect to () (Sound block).
|Set () Effect to ()|
The Set () Effect to () block is a Looks block and a Stack block. The block sets the specified effect on its sprite to the specified amount. There are seven different effects to choose from: color, fisheye, whirl, pixelate, mosaic, brightness, and ghost.
This block is used to set the value of an effect. Some common uses are:
- Changing the color of a sprite with the color effect
forever set [color v] effect to (1) say [Want to see my flashing colors?] end
- Using the fisheye effect to make a sprite look like it is in water
- Whirling sprites with the whirl effect
- Pixelating sprites with the pixelate effect
set [pixelate v] effect to (10) say [8-Bit is awesome!]
- Creating the illusion of multiple sprites with the mosaic effect
- Creating different brightness levels with the brightness effect
if <(light on?) = [yes]> then set [brightness v] effect to (50) else set [brightness v] effect to (-50)
- Making sprites transparent with the ghost effect
When I receive [Begin! v] set [ghost v] effect to (50) say [Boo, I'm a ghost and I'm going to be your guide for your haunted house tour!] for (5) secs
- Making sprites fade with the ghost effect
There can be multiple effects on a sprite at once— effects can be combined to produce more effects.
Say () for () Secs • Say () • Think () for () Secs • Think () • Switch Costume to () • Next Costume • Switch Backdrop to () Next Backdrop • Change Size by () • Set Size to ()% • Change () Effect by () • Set () Effect to () • Clear Graphic Effects • Show • Hide • Go to () Layer • Go () () Layers • Costume # • Backdrop Number • Size
|For the Stage|