|This article is a stub. It may be incomplete, unfinished, or have missing parts/sections. If the article can be expanded, please do so! There may be suggestions on its talk page. (Date?)|
This page contains some tips to remain safe on the Scratch website. It contains Scratch-specific tips only, not general internet safety tips.
- When sharing music you created with Audacity, Garageband, etc., check to see if your name or personal information has been added on in the credits.
- When sharing images on the Scratch forums, host the images on a non-personal domain. A personal family site is not a good idea.
- Do not use your email to host them.
- Do not use local file paths (ie file:///someone/somewhere/something.png). They won't work and might give away personal information.
- With an external paint editor, black out personal information from screenshots.