|This article is a stub. It may be incomplete, unfinished, or have missing parts/sections. If the article can be expanded, please do so! There may be suggestions on its talk page. (July 2020)|
|This article has links to websites or programs outside of Scratch and Wikipedia. Remember to stay safe while using the internet, as we cannot guarantee the safety of other websites.|
- This article is about the fonts used in the Paint Editor. For the font used in the Scratch Logo and the 2.0 Paint Editor, see Scratch Font.
Scratch Fonts are the fonts used in Scratch's Paint Editor. Scratch 2.0 and 3.0 use a different set of fonts. Scratch 1.x had no built-in fonts. Instead, it used the fonts that were on the users' computer. To get a font that is only available in Scratch 2.0 or 1.4, one could create a project in that version with the font that they want, convert the sprite to bitmap, download the project, log in on the main website, reupload the project, and continue to edit the project from there.
These fonts are not actually named what they are in the paint editor, they have a different name.
- Sans-Serif (Noto Sans)
- Serif (browser's default serif font)
- Marker (Knewave)
- Handwriting (Handlee)
- Curly (Griffy)
- Pixel (Grand9K Pixel)
- Chinese (中文) (The CSS
'"Microsoft YaHei", "微软雅黑", STXihei, "华文细黑"'is used, the font is Microsoft YaHei, a Chinese font that is compatible to traditional and simplified Chinese)
- Japanese (日本語) (The CSS
'"ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3", "Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro", Osaka, "メイリオ", Meiryo, "ＭＳ Ｐゴシック", "MS PGothic"'is used, the font is Meiryo, a Japanese font that is compatible to all Japanese characters)
- Korean (한국어) (Malgun Gothic, which is usually preinstalled on computers)
- Donegal (Donegal One)
- Gloria (Gloria Hallelujah)
- Marker (Permanent Marker)
- Mystery (Mystery Quest)
- Flowermanvista. (8/8/2019). "The problem with that is that Scratch 1.x had no fonts - instead, it used the fonts that were on the user's computer." post:3660953
- Maximouse. (3/3/2021). "Sans Serif: Noto Sans Serif: Source Serif Pro Marker: Knewave Handwriting: Handlee Curly: Griffy Pixel: Grand9K Pixel" post:4954385
- CST1229. (7/3/2021). "Just noting I think the serif font actually uses the default font on the browser which is usually some serif font for some reason." post:4970481